The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread

Early B.

Re: The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread
« Reply #880 on: 18 May 2020, 02:54 am »
You will probably see less benefit since your speakers are tweeter-midrange where as the super 7 is mtm.   

OK, here's my quick assessment -- 

I lifted the rear of my speakers about one-half inch and used Barbra Streisand's, "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" as my test track. Immediately, the imaging was improved, and when Neil Diamond cuts in, his voice is much deeper. No question about it. I said to myself, "that's gotta be all in my head." So I went back and forth. The difference was clear. Then I put on a few tracks that I'm more familiar with and can't say definitively it made a difference, but I didn't go back and forth with those songs.  I heard enough to keep the rear of the speakers slightly elevated.   

mlundy57

« Reply #881 on: 18 May 2020, 02:56 am »
So can I feed the mono signal into one RCA in or do I need a Y adaptor?

You can feed it into one. If for some reason, you can't get enough gain on the sealed sub with one input, You can use a Y adapter into two of the subs inputs and get an additional 6dB of gain.

Mike

mikeeastman

« Reply #882 on: 18 May 2020, 03:05 am »
Thanks, mlundy57

AKLegal

« Reply #883 on: 18 May 2020, 11:18 am »
OK, here's my quick assessment -- 

I lifted the rear of my speakers about one-half inch and used Barbra Streisand's, "You Don't Bring Me Flowers" as my test track. Immediately, the imaging was improved, and when Neil Diamond cuts in, his voice is much deeper. No question about it. I said to myself, "that's gotta be all in my head." So I went back and forth. The difference was clear. Then I put on a few tracks that I'm more familiar with and can't say definitively it made a difference, but I didn't go back and forth with those songs.  I heard enough to keep the rear of the speakers slightly elevated.

Cool.  I didnt realize your speakers were that tall either.  I think their lack of an upper woofer threw me off a bit.

Captainhemo

« Reply #884 on: 23 May 2020, 07:19 pm »
Thanks, mlundy57

Also IIRC,   only  one of the   inputs  has the auto on circuitry.  This may have changed as the amps have evolved.

jay

mikeeastman

« Reply #885 on: 23 May 2020, 07:36 pm »
As my amps are on 24/7 it shouldn't matter.

Zitoun

« Reply #886 on: 6 Jun 2020, 06:12 am »
Hey Guys,

Still WIP, the newborn starts looking like a S7.

Looking at the NX MTM dimensions for the top section, if one of you can help with that I will greatly appreciate.

bernardo

« Reply #887 on: 23 Jul 2020, 08:00 pm »
Super 7 owners who have rebuilt their passive crossovers -  I am working on building new crossovers for my speakers. Mine are all original parts. Wanted to ask what type and gauge wire you used for your build on both midrange and treble circuits.

Thanks
Ben

Captainhemo

« Reply #888 on: 23 Jul 2020, 08:36 pm »
I used  Neotech UPOCC solid core 16 awg   in teflon.  Used it right from  tube connectors  all the way through and  up to drivers.

I know  a couple others  who  done similar  with the   Neotech Silver/Gold blend.   I have not had the chance to compare them  though

jay