The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread

Rocket_Ronny

• Your Room Is Everything - Use It Well.
    • ScriptureSongs.com
Re: The OFFICIAL Super-7 thread
« Reply #620 on: 10 Apr 2019, 08:00 pm »
Tyson. I have not followed the cap talk. What would you call bliss. Are these caps a significant increase in sound? Thanks

Rocket Ronny

Tyson

« Reply #621 on: 10 Apr 2019, 08:15 pm »
Tyson. I have not followed the cap talk. What would you call bliss. Are these caps a significant increase in sound? Thanks

Rocket Ronny

They are as good as the Jupiter Copper/Wax/Paper/Foil caps for a lot less money.  Maybe even better than the Jupiters. 

For example the Jupither 10uF cap is $500, the MiFlex is $350. 

Only thing I like better about the Jupiters is they offer 12uF, 13uF and 15uF values while the Miflex top out at 10.  So personally I'd use the Miflex for anything up to 10uF and the Jupiters only for stuff over 10uF. 

BUT, I should also add, that if you don't have the $$ for these ridiculous caps, that using Sonicap Gen 1 for your 10uf and 15uf caps and bypassing them with 0.1uF Jupiter or MiFlex caps will get you 85% of the way there, from an ultimate quality standpoint. 

jeffreybehr

• Volunteer
« Reply #622 on: 10 Apr 2019, 09:17 pm »
It will take about 500 hours for those caps to fully burn in.  But once they do, bliss!

More like an hour in my experience.

Tyson

« Reply #623 on: 10 Apr 2019, 09:43 pm »
More like an hour in my experience.

Yes, what's remarkable about the Super 7's is how they just get better and better and better as you put better parts in them, or use better upstream equipment with them.  So far, the 7's have never been the bottleneck in my system.  Looking around at what else is out there, I'm guessing they never will be.