MasterBuilt Audio Cables

Yun66

Re: MasterBuilt Audio Cables
« Reply #100 on: 22 Jun 2018, 11:11 am »
This is like 1% vs 99%. Why someone spends that kind of money on cables? Because they can! Whether those super cables are really better will never be known to the vast majority of us. Nevertheless, I believe what they heard and appreciate they are sharing the experience. 

es347

• Facilitator
  • ..I've got my eye on you...which one you say?
« Reply #101 on: 22 Jun 2018, 09:37 pm »
You're right. Spending megabucks on wire is not funny.

The scrambling to rationalize is what I found amusing. Not any more, though. Life is too short.

..take you own advice about life being too short...too short to waste time debating with a bunch of self hypnotizing crazies right?  Maybe you’d find something elsewhere to get your daily chuckles, no?

Sandrock

• *My Sound Space*
« Reply #102 on: 23 Jun 2018, 03:17 am »
Amen, brother......

leif8660

• Industry Participant
    • Von Schweikert Audio
« Reply #103 on: 24 Jun 2018, 04:35 pm »
That’s fine, I did say “I hate formulas” - didn’t I?

My point was it doesn’t make sense to spend as much or even more on cables than the rest of your system. If one’s system is worth 15K, they’d be pretty fucking stupid to spend 5K on a power cord, or 7K on a pair of ICs, or 17k on speaker cables etc.
I guess I fall into the stupid category then since my speaker cables cost more than my electronics on one of my systems.  But you have no idea what these cables did to performance of this system.  Cables to me are just as important as every other component in the system.

Wind Chaser

« Reply #104 on: 24 Jun 2018, 05:05 pm »
I guess I fall into the stupid category then since my speaker cables cost more than my electronics on one of my systems. Cables to me are just as important as every other component in the system.

Yes, cables are just as important as everything else in a system. How much you spend on cables relative to everything else is your business. As long as you’re happy with your decision, you don’t owe anyone, least all me, an apology or an explanation. As the wise man said...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=d-diB65scQU#fauxfullscreen :thumb:

SundayNiagara

« Reply #105 on: 24 Jun 2018, 05:47 pm »
I guess I fall into the stupid category then since my speaker cables cost more than my electronics on one of my systems.  But you have no idea what these cables did to performance of this system.  Cables to me are just as important as every other component in the system.

Finally, someone on this forum who has their system set up properly. :)