Bryston Support Unresponsive

derekcooper

Re: Bryston Support Unresponsive
« Reply #20 on: 29 Jan 2016, 04:55 pm »
... I anticipated this was a polite brush off and could hardly blame him ...

I'm not sure as Canadians they're able to brush people off - we're too polite! LOL

CJWessing

« Reply #21 on: 2 Feb 2016, 03:07 am »
Hey guys,

I received the unit back from Bryston after 7 months of waiting, and it still seems to have the same issue I sent it in for.  The 5.1 analog bypass seems to work, but when turning on the unit, there is no sound (settings are saved).  I have to turn off the 5.1 bypass, and then turn it back on to get any sound of the unit.  This can't be how the unit is supposed to function, right? 

Here's a video of what happens:
https://youtu.be/OwI_JKbUhoI

Here's a pic of the return authorization which states the 5.1 bypass is not working, but they did not address it:

Really disappointed with Bryston's service department, am I going to have to send it back in for another 7 months?

-Chris

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #22 on: 2 Feb 2016, 03:18 am »
if they cant fix it, it's oem engineering from other company,i had the same problem with a yamaha receiver ,these things can only be fixed rarely,computer garbage really,ditched the yamaha and everything is happy!

Wind Chaser

« Reply #23 on: 2 Feb 2016, 05:37 am »
Hey guys,

I received the unit back from Bryston after 7 months of waiting, and it still seems to have the same issue I sent it in for. 

Really disappointed with Bryston's service department, am I going to have to send it back in for another 7 months?

Unless you get some kind of an explanation for the above and a firm commitment to deal with the issue in a timely manner, I wouldn't bother sending it back.

Maybe Mr Tanner has something to say??  :scratch:

vonnie123

« Reply #24 on: 2 Feb 2016, 06:19 am »
if they cant fix it, it's oem engineering from other company,i had the same problem with a yamaha receiver ,these things can only be fixed rarely,computer garbage really,ditched the yamaha and everything is happy!

If it's under warranty, and Bryston can't fix it, they should replace it with a comparable model or refurbished unit.  Being out of your "quality" equipment for seven months, only to have no repairs effected is completely unacceptable.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #25 on: 2 Feb 2016, 11:01 am »
Hey guys,

I received the unit back from Bryston after 7 months of waiting, and it still seems to have the same issue I sent it in for.  The 5.1 analog bypass seems to work, but when turning on the unit, there is no sound (settings are saved).  I have to turn off the 5.1 bypass, and then turn it back on to get any sound of the unit.  This can't be how the unit is supposed to function, right? 

Here's a video of what happens:
https://youtu.be/OwI_JKbUhoI

Here's a pic of the return authorization which states the 5.1 bypass is not working, but they did not address it:

-Chris

Hi Chris

Please email Mike on this is   It might just be a software upgrade. mpickett@bryston.com

James

CJWessing

« Reply #26 on: 2 Feb 2016, 02:45 pm »
Hey James,

When we first started looking into this we checked the software date, it's from May 2008 which Mike said is the latest version.

Thanks,
Chris

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #27 on: 2 Feb 2016, 03:36 pm »
Hey James,

When we first started looking into this we checked the software date, it's from May 2008 which Mike said is the latest version.

Thanks,
Chris

OK we will try one here if we have any units left - its an SP2 correct?

james

CJWessing

« Reply #28 on: 2 Feb 2016, 03:53 pm »
Yup, it's an SP2.

Thanks,
Chris

CJWessing

« Reply #29 on: 28 Jun 2016, 02:59 am »
1 year repair update:  SP-2 still not fixed.  Bryston tells me that the 5.1 analog input is not supposed to work at turn on, and I have to setup a macro to turn the unit on, switch inputs, and then switch back to analog in order for the 5.1 to work at turn on.  Can anyone else with a SP-2 confirm that theirs performs this way? 

Thanks,
Chris

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #30 on: 13 Jul 2016, 09:36 pm »
My past experience with bryston CS was great, had a slight issue with my BP26's power unit several years back, had to send it to the dealer and it's fixed in under 20 days.

The recent, most unfortunate cat urine damage to my 14B2 was very severe, the entire power supply PCB got erroded which i believe most other manufacturers will simply say it's so dead so beyond rescue but bryston people and my dealer manages to come up with a plan to replace the entire board along with all the parts on it to ensure optimal recovery.

CanadianMaestro

• Restricted
  • Skepticism is the engine of progress
    • Hearing Everything That Nothing Can Measure
« Reply #31 on: 13 Jul 2016, 10:22 pm »
Amblin, your 14B2 still under warranty?
Will B honor it, or is animal excrement not covered?  :scratch:

amblin

• 'On the cutting edge of cocking about.'
« Reply #32 on: 20 Jul 2016, 06:13 am »
Amblin, your 14B2 still under warranty?
Will B honor it, or is animal excrement not covered?  :scratch:

It's still under bryston's analog device 20yr warranty , but sadly urine is not covered. :green:
But at least my dealer and bryston agreed to do everything they can to fix it.  I took it to a 3rd party repair shop before sending it back to the dealer hoping to diagnose the extent of damage and get an estimate . The guys there simply refused and say it's too damaged for them to do anything 'worthwhile' .

But it's still gonna take at least a month or more and now I just fell in love with tannoy + accuphase combo, found a near mint set of GRF HE and and a pair of old accuphase P450 in bridge mode at bargain price , Mmmmm I love dual concentric units now , so warm and musical, especially loved the non fatigue sound. The 14B2 + MB2i combo can't be beaten on accuracy and transparency but it's always very serious, it never smiles....just like a landlord lady With the picky, long face :icon_lol: