Opinions on the JMLab Electra 907 BE

AintJoM0mma

« on: 24 Oct 2004, 05:00 am »
Anyone heard this speaker? Know how it will sound in a small room? How does it do with rock music? What amps does it like? I cant seem to find any info on it.  :cry:

vr3mxstyler2k3

« Reply #1 on: 24 Oct 2004, 05:06 am »
I KNOW! I KNOW!

-Find-A-DEALER-

-Take-A-Listen-

-Have-A-Nice-Day

Musky_Don

« Reply #2 on: 24 Oct 2004, 05:07 am »
;)  Buy the Dyns dude.  (The spec 25's and the 1.3SE's handle all kinds of music - but both will rock big time.) :notworthy:

AintJoM0mma

« Reply #3 on: 24 Oct 2004, 05:10 am »
Quote from: Musky_Don
;)  Buy the Dyns dude.  (The spec 25's and the 1.3SE's handle all kinds of music - but both will rock big time.) :notworthy:

I dont think so man they just seem like they would be to analitical for my tastes  :shake: Like they would produce sounds, instead of the music as a whole.

Musky_Don

« Reply #4 on: 24 Oct 2004, 05:16 am »
"they just seem like they would be to analitical for my tastes  Like they would produce sounds, instead of the music as a whole"

Ha!   :lol: Later and good luck.

Musky_Don

« Reply #5 on: 24 Oct 2004, 05:34 am »
AJM,

While you seem to jump around a bit in the speakers you are looking at and I'm not sure what you have actually listened to... I'll be nice...  The dyn T2.5s have the same drivers as the 1.3SEs - just more - driver tweeter driver config ...  Floorstanders - full range... most definately rock...  Play Jimi better than anything I have ever owned...I have a pair...  mine are not for sale...  but I know of a pair that are - very good deal.  If interested send a pm.   Later.

Don

AintJoM0mma

« Reply #6 on: 24 Oct 2004, 03:44 pm »
Quote from: Musky_Don
AJM,

While you seem to jump around a bit in the speakers you are looking at and I'm not sure what you have actually listened to... I'll be nice...  The dyn T2.5s have the same drivers as the 1.3SEs - just more - driver tweeter driver config ...  Floorstanders - full range... most definately rock...  Play Jimi better than anything I have ever owned...I have a pair...  mine are not for sale...  but I know of a pair that are - very good deal.  If interested send a pm.   Later.

Don

Nah I need monitors in my room so I can fine tune the bass.

Mad DOg

« Reply #7 on: 24 Oct 2004, 07:21 pm »
Quote from: AintJoM0mma
I dont think so man they just seem like they would be to analitical for my tastes  :shake: Like they would produce sounds, instead of the music as a whole.
to make this kinda statement without ever hearing them??? :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

and then how do you know it's the speaker and not the front end? any really transparent speaker will reproduce the signal the front end is sending it...if the front end is dry, the speaker will sound dry. if the front end is musical, the speaker will sound musical...

AintJoM0mma

« Reply #8 on: 24 Oct 2004, 11:49 pm »
Quote from: Mad DOg
to make this kinda statement without ever hearing them??? :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o  :o

and then how do you know it's the speaker and not the front end? any really transparent speaker will reproduce the signal the front end is sending it...if the front end is dry, the speaker will sound dry. if the front end is musical, the speaker will sound musical...

Yeah i guess your right, this is a hard choice  :cry:

Mad DOg

« Reply #9 on: 25 Oct 2004, 12:12 am »
Yeah i guess your right, this is a hard choice  :cry:

AOJ, i think u're starting to understand finally...it just aint that simple...all of our systems have evolved slowly over time. there's no shortcut or magic formula to get to "THE SYSTEM". it has to be done by listening. another thing that makes it even more difficult is that after u've experienced A LOT of gear, u might find ur preferences for sound have changed, too!  :o  :lol:

time to get out there and start listening...come back and share what u've heard with us and u'll find the dialog much more informative.