Health and Feeding Tips

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Health and Feeding Tips
« on: 24 Dec 2015, 06:32 pm »
1-Small carrots and Beetroot has the same amount of vitamins that the bigs, so buy the small that weighing less.

2-The foliage of beets has more nutrients than the bulb.
* This I testing and is really true, and are very tasty sauteed.

More tips welcome.

Guy 13

Re: Health and Feeding Tips
« Reply #1 on: 24 Dec 2015, 06:59 pm »
1-Small carrots and Beetroot has the same amount of vitamins that the bigs, so buy the small that weighing less.

2-The foliage of beets has more nutrients than the bulb.
* This I testing and is really true, and are very tasty sauteed.

More tips welcome.

Hi FullRangeMan,
I've tried the betts foliage and it did not tasted good to me,
but that because I did not cooked - prepared them the right way.
I know that in many vegetables, foliage is better the the actual vegetable...
I think it's also valid for the brocoli, the stem is better than the top.

Guy 13

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 24 Dec 2015, 07:38 pm »
1. Eat
2. Drink
3. Be Merry

WGH

« Reply #3 on: 24 Dec 2015, 08:48 pm »
Eat everything in moderation.

My fondest memories is when my Grandfather visited us once a month, he would bring pickled herring, real blood sausage and head cheese from his neighborhood old world butcher. Now that's good eating and it put a smile on your face when he started pulling out all those culinary treats. If he pulled a bunch of beet greens out of his bag I don't think anyone would be smiling.

Guy 13

« Reply #4 on: 24 Dec 2015, 09:48 pm »

My fondest memories is when my Grandfather visited us once a month, he would bring pickled herring, real blood sausage and head cheese from his neighborhood old world butcher. Now that's good eating and it put a smile on your face when he started pulling out all those culinary treats. If he pulled a bunch of beet greens out of his bag I don't think anyone would be smiling.

Hi WGH,
isn't that what I've been saying many, many times...
Eat everything with moderation !
That's what I do and the results are great !

Guy 13

ctviggen

« Reply #5 on: 25 Dec 2015, 05:19 pm »

There's no reason to eat any of that in "moderation".  In fact, you'd be healthier eating that (every day, multiple times per day) than eating a high carbohydrate diet and particularly anything with sugar or fructose.