Off we go on the grill saga
First I put a few staples along one side pulling just a smidgen of tension end to end.
Switch to other side, again pulling just enough tension to pull wrinkles out. This screen is a little different than cloth, but principle is the same.
Do same on ends
Then to corners. I kind of peak the fabric in my fingers. These close ups could have been better if I'd set the camera for more depth of field but...
I sort of slide stapler down the ridge and towards center and shoot 1 staple diagonally
Then a couple more at right angles and perhaps another diagonal. I'm trying to squash and flatten all those folds,
I didn't get a specific photo but after I do the corners I staple around the perimeter coming as close as I can to a continuous line of staples. This step seems particularly needed for this screen...its stiff compared to fabric. The staple slot has a convenient by product as it pulls a little more tension into fabric when pushing stapler into groove. I leave fabric so I can get a handle on it then trim with new razor blade. I skate it along parallel to surface
This moves right along with sharp blade
Flip it over and NO STAPLES pokin' through...woo-hoo!
Add some felt on the standoffs
And we have liftoff!...or something. Success anyway, glad to have this behind me.