Hi

Seer

Hi
« on: 18 Dec 2015, 06:17 pm »
My pursuit of satisfactory sound began with a system composed of a Rabco ST7 turntable, Luxman L100 integrated amp, and JBL L65 Jubal speakers purchased in 1974. Fast forward to now and I love the sound of SET tube amps and efficient speakers. I would like to learn how to build a low powered tube amp for my Merrill Ziggernaut speakers.

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: 18 Dec 2015, 06:36 pm »
Welcome Seer :thumb:
If you are not an experiencied tech amp builder dont around w/tube amps, all they (even small ones) deal w/hi Voltage and can kill you.
In this case buy a EL34 SE amp, as Decware Rachel.
Even low tension 30V DC can kill a person.
« Last Edit: 19 Dec 2015, 10:26 am by FullRangeMan »

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #2 on: 18 Dec 2015, 08:47 pm »
Welcome to AC, Seer.  :beer:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #3 on: 18 Dec 2015, 10:26 pm »
Greetings & Welome to AC Seer  :thumb:

TrungT

« Reply #4 on: 18 Dec 2015, 11:27 pm »
Welcome to AC  :thumb:

Seer

Newly acquired gear
« Reply #5 on: 19 Dec 2015, 12:30 am »
Anyone excited about gear recently listened to or purchased? Let's hear about it please!

Seer

« Reply #6 on: 19 Dec 2015, 12:39 am »
Oh, by the way wanted to thank everyone for the greetings. I will take the advice offered by fullrangeman and purchase rather than build a new tube amp. Or else have my old one repaired. Really loved the modded little Sylvania single ended integrated which recently began crackling in the left channel. A new set of tubes seemed to solve the problem but it still sounded like the left channel was working harder than the right and then started to repeat the same noise after about three minutes of playing tunes. Sigh...

Phil A

« Reply #7 on: 19 Dec 2015, 02:12 am »
Welcome to AC!

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #8 on: 19 Dec 2015, 10:34 am »
Oh, by the way wanted to thank everyone for the greetings. I will take the advice offered by fullrangeman and purchase rather than build a new tube amp. Or else have my old one repaired. Really loved the modded little Sylvania single ended integrated which recently began crackling in the left channel. A new set of tubes seemed to solve the problem but it still sounded like the left channel was working harder than the right and then started to repeat the same noise after about three minutes of playing tunes. Sigh...
Luxman L100 is a nice looking amp.
Iam 3 years already collecting parts to a 6C33 amp, seems a endless work, just 6 months to find a good vintage knob.
Transformers reach 24kg and need a 5mm alum chassis, no shop sell it, so it need tobe made, my tech amp builder is no more friendly as before  etc etc

To worse some US vendors even refuse ship to my country. :duh:
And yet I had 4 shipment stolen only this year by the brazilian post guys...

Guy 13

« Reply #9 on: 19 Dec 2015, 12:47 pm »
A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. Seer

Guy 13