Featured system in new showrrom

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« on: 18 Oct 2004, 09:24 pm »
Greetings,
  As we start to build our new system for our new NY showroom, I have decided to use the following system to debut in this room. I hope to have this room and system finished and running by the first part of the year:

Amplification: EXtreme ASL Monsoon 100 watt mono blocs and Statement Jolida JD3000A mono blocs

Preamp: Statement Series (highly modified) Jolida JD3000B

Source: New Statement Series Jolida JD100A vacuum tube CD player

Speakers: Daedalus DA-1 or Harmonic Precission Caravelle  and Usher 6311

Cables:
  Speaker: 30" Sonoran wire featuring Micro Bearing Technology
  Interconnects: Clarity Labs Foxfire, Sonoran Wire
  Power: VH Audio Flavor 4 at amps / JAM'n Audio PRO 14S everywhere else.

Tweaks: ALL components including speakers will set atop Star Sound Technologies Audio Points

Obviously, any of the products we carry or custom build can be integrated into this system and the pieces mentioned above will be the main attraction.

As mentioned, we hope to have this system up and running as soon as possible but we do still have to work on the room itself.

Scott F.

« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2004, 10:56 pm »
Excellent!!!

I know you've been working on grappelling with space for a long time. Now it looks like you can handle some walk in business. The system should impress the hell out of anybody that comes in.

Oh, one thing that you may want to consider that I have yet to run across; Most people will admit when they walk into a hi-end shop the sound it great but they don't have a good reference point when it comes to comparing teh hi-end system to their own lo/mid-fi system.

You may want to consider setting up a standard lo/mid-fi system right along side of your reference system. Use something like a standard Aiwa reciever, a cheap CD player or better yet a cheap DVD player that handles MP3's and a cheap pair of modern 3 way speakers. Use those cheap interconnects that come with the gear and thin gauge zip cord for speaker wires. Needless to say it should sound pretty rotten all on it's own.

Thing is, this will probably be close to what the average person can relate to sonically. Then you can show them exactly what hi-fi is all about with the Musical Envoys.

Pretty smrt aye? I didn't go to school fer nuttin.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
Re: Featured system in new showrrom
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2004, 11:10 pm »
Quote from: Response Audio
Greetings,
  As we start to build our new system for our new NY showroom, I have decided to use the following system to debut in this room. I hope to have this room and system finished and running by the first part of the year...

Very nice system Bill.

Although not enough to get me to drive up to                                          Binghamton!   :rotflmao:                                  

George

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2004, 11:22 pm »
Okay George,
  What would it take? Maybe a pair of the mono blocs replaced with some Butler gear? I can probably accomidate most anything you desire if it is in my product line.

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #4 on: 18 Oct 2004, 11:26 pm »
I haven't driven up your way since finishing my tour of duty at SUNY Brockport back in '95.

Not sure if ANY audio gear gets me back up there.   :lol:

Maybe we will have to convince you to come down for a NY Audio Rave gathering instead.

George

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2004, 12:31 am »
Not sure if ANY audio gear gets me back up there.

Surprisingly enough, I can understand why you would say that

Maybe we will have to convince you to come down for a NY Audio Rave gathering instead.

You're on. I would love to drop down sometime. When I do, let I will let you know and you can let me know what you might want me to bring with me!!