High Fidelity CT-1 Interconnects

ziggy333a

High Fidelity CT-1 Interconnects
« on: 19 Nov 2015, 03:46 pm »
Has anyone compared the High Fidelity CT-1 interconnects to Nordost Tyr?

FullRangeMan

• Facilitator
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: High Fidelity CT-1 Interconnects
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2015, 03:52 pm »
Welcome Ziggy, hi-end IC are too expensive for me,
as result I made my own cables.

Guy 13

« Reply #2 on: 19 Nov 2015, 04:47 pm »
A warm welcome to AudioCircle Mr. Ziggy.
Same as FullRangeMan,
I make my own interconnects
and I did compare them to other well known brands
and can't ear the difference,
so I stick with the less expensive interconnects
and put my money on something else.
That's me, each one his own way of doing !

Guy 13

Blackmore

« Reply #3 on: 19 Nov 2015, 05:16 pm »
Hi Ziggy,
Hopefully someone in a major metropolitan area has had some access to those two brands.  Good luck with your search on these two ICs.

steve in jersey

« Reply #4 on: 19 Nov 2015, 07:40 pm »
I used the High Fidelity Cables CT1 for awhile & found them to be quite a bit more "immediate" sounding than
any other IC I'd ever used. I would recommend them heartily only if you are pretty certain that you weren't planning to make frequent component changes. The connectors on these IC use an expanding center pin that create a very tight grip to a components RCA inputs. They are bit hard to insert & several times harder to remove.

You honestly have to have your "wits" completely about you (& a strategy) if you plan on removing the IC or
you can ended up damaging the pins connection to the cable. I'm pretty certain Ted B. will confirm this also,
as I was shaking my head in agreement about his experience with these IC.

I think they are tremendous sounding , but I haven't gotten around to having one of the connectors repaired
so I have a $1600 pair of IC that I'm currently not using. You're on your own concerning the Nordost (which may have a step up on the CT1 if they're not using this "Pin-loc" connector on them

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 19 Nov 2015, 08:18 pm »
Welcome to AC!  I make some of my own stuff and buy some as well.  Have never heard of them but there are reviews - http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/highfidelity/1.html

Phil A

« Reply #6 on: 19 Nov 2015, 08:20 pm »
There are some comparisons in the link I posted such as - "The CT-1 speaker cables sat undoubtedly closer to Nordost than Cardas but were bit less ethereal than Valhalla to get closer to my concept of a truly universal wire. Bandwidth seemed extended but lacked some weight in the low end and the treble wasn't as sweet and refined as the Nordost Valhalla. On the flip side the Yanks had the better midrange and balance than Nordost."

Guy 13

« Reply #7 on: 19 Nov 2015, 09:12 pm »
What I don't like about those CT-1,
it's the fact that the bullet is way too long and as you know,
behind the equipment it's always crowded or short of space.
However, they sure look nice and well built.

Guy 13

Early B.

« Reply #8 on: 19 Nov 2015, 10:21 pm »
I own a pair of CT-1's and they're the best ICs I've heard on my system, by far. Never tried Nordost.

Steve is right -- once those CT-1's are inserted, you'll need to do some push-ups daily for 6-8 weeks to acquire the strength to remove them. 

Danny Richie

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.gr-research.com
« Reply #9 on: 20 Nov 2015, 01:46 am »
I am not a fan of the Nordost cables. I just never warmed up to them. Actually they are not a cable line I would call warm either.

I did try the CT-1's. They are a completely different technology. And I must say, it really does work. These are the best sound interconnects I have ever had in my system. They exceeded my previous interconnect in all areas. These things let the music flow. I bought two sets of them and couldn't be happier.

I did have to make some adjustments to the ground plane tensioner though. Some were a little loose and some too tight. Test fit them on an old RCA input first and get them adjusted just right. I had to use a small screw driver to move each connector in or out. Once you have them well adjusted then you'll have no problems with the tight fit.

They also need a lot of burn in time. Anyone that only listened to them for a few days or even a week never really heard them. They need a lot of time....

japa

« Reply #10 on: 20 Nov 2015, 05:35 am »
I haven't compared them to the Nordost, but compared to my Audience Au24SEs, they are very colored.

ziggy333a

« Reply #11 on: 20 Nov 2015, 01:06 pm »
Thanks everyone for your replies and input. I'm going to reach out to the Cable Co. and use their cable library to hear for myself in my system. They do have the CT-1's to loan out.