BDA-3 DAC

Grant Hill

Re: BDA-3 DAC
« Reply #980 on: 22 Jun 2018, 11:52 am »
Hi Grant! Thank you for your answer. I use Marantz UD7007 as a transport, so it will be BR, DVD and CD through coax - and I will try it both with and without upsampling function.
I will also try BR, DVD and CD through HDMI.
I will use USB when using my Mac Mini. This is kind of new for me.
I will definitely use HDMI when playing SACD. That is awesome!

What are your opinions on the upsampling function?

That's cool! If you try, let  us know if you like better sacd via hdmi to bda3 or directly from  the marantz which is a good player.

I don't use upsampling, i prefer to leave the signal  as it is

CanadianMaestro

« Reply #981 on: 22 Jun 2018, 12:52 pm »
Marantz makes excellent SACD players. Their 8004 is very fine (even in standard CD mode).

Andreashifi

• hifi, stereo, 2.0
« Reply #982 on: 22 Jun 2018, 05:26 pm »
That's cool! If you try, let  us know if you like better sacd via hdmi to bda3 or directly from  the marantz which is a good player.

I don't use upsampling, i prefer to leave the signal  as it is

I will let you know, u bet :-)! I really, really hope that SACD via HDMI to BDA-3 is better, far better, than directly from Marantz UD7007. There is nothing wrong with Marantz  though, still I have high expectations on a separate DAC:s performance, due to its main purpose, as I see it.   

As for the upsampling, I will at least try it with different recordings. I want the music/sound to be as "neutral" as possible.

Andreashifi

• hifi, stereo, 2.0
« Reply #983 on: 22 Jun 2018, 05:29 pm »
Marantz makes excellent SACD players. Their 8004 is very fine (even in standard CD mode).

I agree! But, I hope the BDA-3 will do a even better job (more neutral and higher resolution) with the signal  :D!

Andreashifi

• hifi, stereo, 2.0
« Reply #984 on: 30 Jun 2018, 10:54 am »
I am still waiting for my BDA-3 to arrive, I think I'll will have it by the end of next week, before next weekend, I hope. I'm excited  :D! James send me a couple of reviews, that made me even more thrilled.

One question though: the XLR/balanced outputs volume 4 volts - that goes for BDA-1, BDA-2 and BDA-3; The output volume is the same for the three units?
Cheers!

Nikko

« Reply #985 on: 10 Jul 2018, 12:51 am »
I'm considering joining the Bryston family again. I once owned 7B-ST monoblocks. Now I'm considering the BDA-3. I've owned a NAD M51 for many years now and have the itch to upgrade. Can anyone here speak to how the BDA-3 compares to the M51?

CanadianMaestro

« Reply #986 on: 10 Jul 2018, 01:39 am »
I'm considering joining the Bryston family again. I once owned 7B-ST monoblocks. Now I'm considering the BDA-3. I've owned a NAD M51 for many years now and have the itch to upgrade. Can anyone here speak to how the BDA-3 compares to the M51?

What do you think you are missing with your NAD that you believe an upgrade may solve?
Should try to audition a BDA if possible, at home.
cheers

Andreashifi

• hifi, stereo, 2.0
« Reply #987 on: 17 Jul 2018, 08:17 am »

Grant Hill

« Reply #988 on: Yesterday at 01:59 pm »
congrats! please share your impressions

Andreashifi

• hifi, stereo, 2.0
« Reply #989 on: Yesterday at 08:59 pm »
Thanks Mr Grant Hill! Impressions so far and only on USB: I don't like it. I love it!
I will get back and give more comments on BDA-3, I have to listen now  :thumb:!

Cheers!