Time for a speaker upgrade. Need help narrowing list, $2500

Mad DOg

Re: speaker choices
« Reply #20 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:28 am »
Quote from: audioslave
...System synergy is very important-it is not just a matter of taking the "best" speaker and throwing it into the mix. :nono: Not everything speaker works with every system...

audioslave's comments are so right on the mark here...

AintJoM0mma

« Reply #21 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:31 am »
Well can someone just tell me a speaker that will NOT work with my situation? Prehaps an analitical speakers, or one that only sounds good with tubes, or one that can rock to good, or one that only works good in a large room???? IS THERE ANY ON THAT LIST? :o  :o

Mad DOg

« Reply #22 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:31 am »
Quote from: AintJoM0mma
The VMPS RM40 is INSANLEY HUGE did you look at my room dimensions!?!? Anyway, about the VR4 JR's. I heard they start out open and musical and with time become compressed and analitical, that is why there are so many for sale.

the 4jrs are most likely too big for your room as well.

that's strange...i don't own 4jrs myself, but i found them to be the exact opposite of what you're describing... :?

Mad DOg

« Reply #23 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:34 am »
square rooms are always tuff to get good sound in...small square rooms are even tuffer!

audioslave

« Reply #24 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:37 am »
the 4jrs are most likely too big for your room as well.

that's strange...i don't own 4jrs myself, but i found them to be the exact opposite of what you're describing... :?

Ditto, Mad Dog. I spent a couple of hours listening to them at one of our Rave's and they were great!
AJMomma-have you even heard the Lorelei's?...just curious.

AintJoM0mma

« Reply #25 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:41 am »
no I havent heard them. Hmm, well then................any speakers that wont work for my tastes? Someone said Vandersteen, they are not musical and cant rock very well, better for classical and acoustic..What do you think?

rmihai0

Re: Time for a speaker upgrade. Need help narrowing list, $2
« Reply #26 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:46 am »
Beeing in your place I would choose from:
PE LEON Enzo Référence
CABASSE Egea 500
PE LEON Enzo S2
JM REYNAUD Evolution 3
JM LAB Electra 907 Be
DAVIS Cesar
ATHOM Joran
BC ACOUSTIQUE Huron
AVANT SCENE Elektra
TRIANGLE Lyrr
MAGNAT Omega 530
B & W 704
ATHOM Dzhari
APERTURA Nova

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #27 on: 14 Oct 2004, 12:46 am »
Ok, this thread is looking like a waste of time.

AintJoMomma is commenting on speakers he has never heard, has a list a mile long, and is just spewing quotes from what other people have said.

I'm bailing.

George

Karnaaj

« Reply #28 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:01 am »
Don't forget this is just a little kid we are talking about here.  Virtually every thread he has ever started has ended up this way. :roll:

Mad DOg

« Reply #29 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:08 am »
Karnaaj,

thx for the reminder.  :)

audioslave

« Reply #30 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:12 am »
Quote from: Karnaaj
Don't forget this is just a little kid we are talking about here.  Virtually every thread he has ever started has ended up this way. :roll:

kid huh, listen "kid"-Do us all a favor and go get yourself a $400 IPOD-it will match well with the backpack mommy got ya last xmas :lol: I hear that the headphones are quite musical and "airy"..... :wave:

AintJoM0mma

« Reply #31 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:19 am »
Wow thanks for the help guys. The audiogon forum actually gave me suggestions. BTW, already got an ipod and some headphones  :roll: . Bye guys, I know not to come here again. Cause im a "kid"  and I should stop wasting all the grown ups time , give me a break. Whatever, bye

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #32 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:26 am »
Glad someone knows whats going on..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
    Its always good to click on past posts.... :P [/list:u]
      AJM....always has a nice long list of equipement. :roll: [/list:u]

audioslave

« Reply #33 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:30 am »
Wow thanks for the help guys. The audiogon forum actually gave me suggestions. BTW, already got an ipod and some headphones  :roll: . Bye guys, I know not to come here again. Cause im a "kid"  and I should stop wasting all the grown ups time , give me a break. Whatever, bye

Hey, its all in good fun....but seriously, just learn to trust in your own ears. Everyones ears are different, so you cannot really rely on any one persons opinion. If you are going to be dedicated to this hobby, then I urge you to buy "The Complete Guide to High-End Audio" by Robert Harley. You can pick it up at Amazon.com. Before you rush out and buy stuff, educate yourself. I recently read it and wish I had picked it up much sooner. I learned a lot as it is a highly informative read. Good luck. :mrgreen:

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #34 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:31 am »

Ok, I will say one last thing...

You were given a lot of good advice by many different people.  The fact that you can't understand that only highlights what a few people were saying.

It isn't about lists of gear (you can get that from Stereophile), it much more than that.  It is about learning your likes/dislikes and proper system matching.

Best of luck.

George

Karnaaj

« Reply #35 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:45 am »
I don't think it was anyones intention that you should leave this forum.  Its just when you provide these HUGE lists of different components for us to sort thru it tends to make people think that you don't want to do any of the preliminary work yourself.  Its understandable that some people are reluctant to make recommendations because they don't want to be blamed if things don't work out right.  Another thing that I have noticed is that you tend to be pretty argumentative when people are trying to help you out.  My two cents worth :)

AintJoM0mma

« Reply #36 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:49 am »
I dont expect anyone to have heard all the speakers on that list. Ive expected them to hear maybe 2. And post something like:

I think [Insert Speaker Name Here] is better than [Insert Speaker Name Here] because [Insert Reasons Here]

audioslave

« Reply #37 on: 14 Oct 2004, 01:54 am »
I don't think it was anyones intention that you should leave this forum.  Its just when you provide these HUGE lists of different components for us to sort thru it tends to make people think that you don't want to do any of the preliminary work yourself.  Its understandable that some people are reluctant to make recommendations because they don't want to be blamed if things don't work out right.  Another thing that I have noticed is that you tend to be pretty argumentative when people are trying to help you out.  My two cents worth :)

Your two cents are worth about a million in this particular thread :rock:
Well said Karnaaj.

lonewolfny42

« Reply #38 on: 14 Oct 2004, 02:02 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Glad someone knows whats going on..... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
    Its always good to click on past posts.... :P [/list:u]
      AJM....always has a nice long list of equipement. :roll: [/list:u]
I went thru this before.... http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=11827&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=drive&start=0

lonewolfny42

« Reply #39 on: 14 Oct 2004, 02:05 am »
OK AJM....This is the speaker you need....... http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?spkrmoni&1102360636