28's not a rocket 88

drummermitchell

28's not a rocket 88
« on: 17 Jul 2015, 12:12 am »
I was afraid....very afraid for two days.
My system is down in the basement and when I listen in summer I sit on a 4'x3' cement pad right in front of the screen door.
My pre is a Vac Sig MKII-A  pre  and I usually have her up around 11:30 with the Doberman 28's for the ........end of story(sorta)
A lot of songs I have or are recorded at different levels and at times with a few pops I'll give her a tad more HIGH NOON :duh:.
Just to keep my groove on,well a few dayz back I had her at 11:30 and of course a few tracks need some more juice(just like me).
Soooo,I let her go at 12:00 high noon and she was good,but after a few moments...or pops ....SILENCE...AYE YAI YAI
Could only hear the 1812 WOOOF,
WTF'n HELL,the 28's led's were whitish blu....
Quicker than a leapin lizard on the Arizona sand I ran and quickly powered them down.
Been STRESSSED for a couple days...thinkin I'd blown my 50A`s.
Just powered up the amps and ran a test an  checked all woofers mids and tweets......................SHOWTIME :thumb:.
I believe the 28`s have or all Bryston amps have some form of protection to keep from or help from toasting our speakers.
I`m not sure,I am using balanced cabling.
I guess I could quote The Eagles ....Take it to the limit...course that`s Henley`s wife`s credit card song.
Hear I thought I could bring back some Model T sig`s.......for an audition
Damn I still can as the 50às are fine soooo trade in value jus rose....Wifeys callin....gotta git..
just thought for sure I`d blown ten drivers...THX Bryston  :thumb:.

tdinut

• Joe aka Joeinid on other forums.
    • Audioshark Forum
Re: 28's not a rocket 88
« Reply #1 on: 17 Jul 2015, 02:33 am »
So glad all is well.

drummermitchell

Re: 28's not a rocket 88
« Reply #2 on: 17 Jul 2015, 05:23 am »
Me to,THX.