I'm currently working on two new projects, one is a pair of A/V-1RS's. Here are some pics so far.
First, as usual, cut out all the pieces. If it looks like a lot of wood for a pair of A/V-1RS's it is. Since setting up the saw is the biggest time consuming part, I cut out enough for 4 pairs.
Here are some pics of the construction process to date:
Here are the crossovers. I did them on separate boards and mounted each under it's respective driver:
Next came the NoRez. The crossovers and NoRez were a lot easier to install before the sides were glued on.
Then I glued on the sides (I like clamps
Here are the sides glued on but not trimmed yet:
Next came flush trimming and rounding over the front edges. I have a 1/2" radius on them here but am going to increase it to 3/4".
Next up is increasing the radius, cutting the grill frames, installing the magnets, finish filling and sanding, painting the rear recesess, veneering, finishing and installing the drivers and binding post cups. Still a ways to go but coming along.