Furman Elite-15 PFI
Teddy Pardo 19/3 Linear PSU
Intel NUC with Ubuntu 18.04 & Roon Server
Mojo Audio Mystique V2 SE DAC
Pass Labs HPA-1 headphone preamp
First Watt SIT-3 amplifier
Omega Super Alnico High Output Monitors
Audio rack & speaker stands built by me

A work in progress but it's nice to finally have everything in place to start configuring, improving & tweaking. It was getting old having everything sitting on top of the boxes it shipped in and using bar stools to block me from doing something stupid like tripping over a speaker cable & ripping out a binding post.  :)

Very nice and tastefully done.  I love the way the different lamps and the different figures in the painting break up the symmetry of the setup.  There must be some artist in you.

timbley

Re: Pictures of my rig with Omega Speakers
« Reply #241 on: 6 Dec 2018, 03:05 am »
Wow, a lot of elegant setups on this thread! Great looking stuff. I'm sure it sounds great too.

odonata

« Reply #242 on: 6 Dec 2018, 03:53 am »
Very nice and tastefully done.  I love the way the different lamps and the different figures in the painting break up the symmetry of the setup.  There must be some artist in you.

I appreciate the compliment but I'm afraid you're giving me way too much credit.  :)

Whenever I go on vacation, I always gravitate towards art museums because I'm impressed by people who have a talent that I lack (think poorly executed stick figures).

The lamps are by Isama Noguchi and have been handmade in Gifu, Japan since 1951. I really like them a lot. He's actually more famous for the coffee table he designed and people are more familiar with it. I stumbled across one of his sculptures while wandering around the Crystal Bridges museum last year. They're sitting on a pair of tables by Grete Jalk.

I really liked the painting because it reminded me of our family farm in Kentwood, Louisiana that I used to run around on when I was a kid. A solitary farmhouse, fields, pecan trees and a fishing pond. It's a painting by Galya Popova of her family's dacha outside of Moscow. Opposite side of the planet but a lot of similarities that I could identify with. I like listening to tunes & looking at it. A big glass of red wine doesn't hurt.
« Last Edit: 6 Dec 2018, 12:49 pm by odonata »

Canada Rob

• Industry Participant
    • Industry Participant
« Reply #243 on: 6 Dec 2018, 07:09 pm »
Thank you odonata for the links.  Lamps, tables, art, all very beautiful.