The QUEST is on.....

steve k

The QUEST is on.....
« on: 25 Sep 2004, 05:56 pm »
Accompanied by my sidekick, Sancho (Deadfish) Panza and my son, Kevin, we'll begin our odyssey to Chicagoland next Friday on my trusty steed, the Odyssey. The mission: to have some fun for the day and secure a certain pair of Magnepan MGIIIA's to be returned to my basement for electrical stimulation.

If all go's well, and we're not attacked by any windmills on our trek, I'll be hosting an audition for our fellow GASSERs at my humble domicile forthrightly. Stay tuned. :beer:

steve

DeadFish

The QUEST is on.....
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2004, 07:02 pm »
It was about time somebody else picked up a quest, Steve.
Mine was about killing me, and I officially 'pass the torch'.
You got a lot of neat to listen to *before* you get to twiddle with them.
Oh yeah, did you say you were going to have us all over
"fortnightly"?
Wow, a regular meeting place!   What a guy!  :dance:

Don't worry Steve, Kevin's got your back.

:D

See ya friday...

DF

Scott F.

The QUEST is on.....
« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2004, 09:01 pm »
Party at Steve's!!!!!

While you guys are up there you have to go by Gioradnos for Pizza. Not to worry they have over 20 locations.
Highly recommended. Long necks and great pizza, life doesn't get much better.

http://www.giordanos.com/

bmed

The QUEST is on.....
« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2004, 09:18 pm »
Don't forget Lou Malnati's or Gino's East.  I think you should go to Malnati's; you can take home a frozen version to make when everyone comes to hear those new Maggies--Great idea?, yeah I thought so too.

Brad

steve k

The QUEST is on.....
« Reply #4 on: 27 Sep 2004, 02:30 am »
Thanks for the tips guys. You'll get no argument from my son to eat pizza! We'll be staying in Bloomingdale so Glen Ellyn sounds like the best location for Giordano's. It's appropriate too, because I bought my VTL's in Glen Ellyn. I might as well move to Chicago!  :lol: Don't think I'd make it as a Cubs fan though. :cry: I noticed Giordano's has mail order pizza so maybe we'll send out for some for the maggie party. 6 days and counting.

I'll keep you posted.
steve

Mathew_M

The QUEST is on.....
« Reply #5 on: 27 Sep 2004, 02:42 am »
Edwardo's is good too.  Stuffed Spinach was my favorite.  Trust me I never liked spinach until I had it on pizza.  Don't tell anybody but I would gladly trade St. Louis for Chicago style pizza anyday.

DeadFish

The QUEST is on.....
« Reply #6 on: 28 Sep 2004, 01:01 am »
Well, it looks like we are sure gonna eat good, Steve.

Anybody got any favorite cd/vinyl/gear haunts in the Windy City?

"I just like...to watch''  

Honest, I won't steal your deals.   :)

Regards,
DF