Complete Works of Beethoven on vinyl

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Complete Works of Beethoven on vinyl
« on: 12 Mar 2015, 03:58 am »
A friend and local record store onwer has the Deutche Grammophone Beethoven Bicentennial Collection and would like to sell it.  From what I saw, it's about 100 lp's, a couple of books, and 20 boxes.  The box I examined had NM to M lp's.
If interested, $100 plus shipping.  It's probably 40-50 lbs. So even with media rates shipping could be $30-40 dollars.  This is about half the asking price on ebay.  I'll pm the owner's phone # to any interested parties. 
Scott

skolis

Re: Complete Works of Beethoven on vinyl
« Reply #1 on: 11 Apr 2015, 01:05 pm »
Hi: did these sell or are they still available?  Any chance there are pics, and a listing of the volumes, or a count of the
number of boxes/volumes? and for shipping purposes, where are the located? thx

Photon46

Re: Complete Works of Beethoven on vinyl
« Reply #2 on: 11 Apr 2015, 08:19 pm »
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but I can't really recommend this set from my experience. I've got about half of the boxes in the total set in mint to near mint condition (only had to pay $5 per box.) All of the recordings I've listened to are of mediocre sound quality and often the pressings are noisy even though they look pristine. DG recordings are often noted to be of less than stellar sound quality and these do nothing to turn that reputation for the better.