A new version of the firmware (Rev 1015) is now available for V25 board/preamp users.
This update is only relevant to users who current have version 1011 or older.
This update makes numerous changes to how adjustable impedance is handled.
Info on this update can be found in the online documentation via this link: https://www.tortugaaudio.com/support/product-documentation/
Go to section: General Information -> Firmware Updates -> V25 Firmware
The details are repeated here:
Release 1012 represents a major change to how adjustable impedance is handled. Upgrading to 1012 will cause your preamp to erase and reset all existing impedance settings and calibration data followed by automatically running calibration at the new fixed default of setting #1 @ 20k. The update will not be completed until this calibration step is completed. Please allow up to 15 minutes to allow the updating, reseting and calibration process to complete. The unit will reboot and restart after completion. Try not to turn of power or otherwise interrupt this process or else it will repeat from the beginning until allowed to fully complete.
** Changes with 1012 **
1) Impedance settings increased from 5 to 10.
2) Impedance setting #1 is now fixed at the default of 20k and can no longer be changed by user. Only settings 2-10 can be setup and modified by user.
3) The display will now blink when user selects an impedance setting number and level combination that has not already been run through calibration.
4) Switching the unit to any setting/level combination that is not calibrated will result in no output from the preamp.
5) Changing an impedance setting/level will not be saved or go into effect until after calibration is run. Press the Enter/Center button on remote after completing a change and then proceed to run calibration as the next step. It's up to the user to ensure calibration is run as the final step. If calibration is not run immediately after making a setting/level change, the unit will revert to last known valid setting/level. If no other settings/levels have been configured the unit will revert to default #1/20k.
6) As before, each setting/level change must be done individually and then processed through calibration to become effective and/or available. User can not make multiple simultaneous changes to settings/levels and run them all through calibration together.