Anyone else using Epson printers?? Happy??

Levi

« Reply #20 on: 24 Sep 2004, 02:39 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I love my Epson (an R300 with the CD printing carrier).  They do try to screw you over with the chips in the carts, but I have an electronic chip resetter and it works perfectly.

BTW, just where could I get that adapter doohickey to suck ink right from the bottles?  That would totally rock!

At any rate, my Epson has much, much better print quality than my HP, especially with pictures.

Levi:  just which cart/printer is that CIS for (the one you have pictured?).  If I couldn't get one for my particular Epson it'd be worth buying whichever model has them.

Hi Rob,

That's for the older Epson Stylus Photo 870 and 1280.  If you have time, do a google search for Continous Ink System and see if they have your one for your model.

Levi

drphoto

« Reply #21 on: 24 Sep 2004, 02:49 am »
Hey Rob,

I did a quick check on inkjetmall.com for your printer and didn't see anything.

I suppose they appeal to pro's and serious shutterbug types. So you're only gonna find CFS kits for the higher end stuff.

I don't mean to insult you or anything, but a friend of mine had some stuff printed on one of those Kodak thingamabods at the local CVS stores and it looked pretty damn good. Might be a good way to go for those occasional photo quality prints.

I do this for a living. I have to provide prints to clients that look like what they expect from the digital file So I don't have any problem spending 2K for a printer.

drphoto

« Reply #22 on: 24 Sep 2004, 09:44 pm »
Hey all.....the company I meant to list as having the CFS ink conversions was Inksupply.com........not inkjetmall. (Brain fart or something :oops: )

Inksupply is where I got my kits and they are really helpful. I had a clog once and they sent me a whole replacement deal for free.

Rob....they do have a kit for the Epson R300. It's $224.

Here's a link to that page.

http://inksupply.com/index.cfm?source=html/cfs_r300_new.html

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #23 on: 24 Sep 2004, 10:01 pm »
I'm no high end user, but sometimes I do print large volumes of stuff.  I might get on a tear of DVD or CD making, and need to print a lot of discs & boxes.  For example, when I made my metal sampler disc for AC, I had to refill my HP carts twice to finish the project, and that was just one disc.