Is it safe to upgrade to Mavericks?

ebag4

Is it safe to upgrade to Mavericks?
« on: 14 Feb 2015, 08:41 pm »
I have been happily running Lion 10.7.5 on my 2011 MacMini, I currently use the latest version of Audirvana and utilize Integer mode with no issue.

I am growing a bit tired of the user interface for Audirvana so I tried JRiver Mediacenter 20 and Gizmo on my Android phone, great UI improvement!  However JRiver is not as dynamic on my setup as Audirvana so I started looking into the settings, one thing I cannot do in JRiver is run Integer Mode while still using Lion.  Thinking this may be part of the issue regarding dynamics I am considering upgrading to Mavericks.  However after reading some of the horror stories regarding Mavericks early on I am hesitant to try it.  So what is the general consensus, is it safe to upgrade to Mavericks?  Any special issues I need to be aware of?

Thanks,
Ed

*Scotty*

Re: Is it safe to upgrade to Mavericks?
« Reply #1 on: 14 Feb 2015, 09:18 pm »
I would partition my hard drive and boot maverick on it. You would then verify that all peripherals properly function under maverick. You would also verify that it sounded superior to Lion before switching to maverick for all applications.
Scotty

dB Cooper

« Reply #2 on: 16 Feb 2015, 12:25 am »
Mavericks has been out for awhile now and was very well "road tested" even at its initial release thanks to the public beta program. I wouldn't worry although Scotty's advice is the surest way to avoid possible issues.

ebag4

« Reply #3 on: 16 Feb 2015, 05:11 am »
Thanks guys.  Apparently Mavericks is no longer available now that Yosemite is out.  I created a partition did a carbon clone of my OS to the partition and now I am upgrading to Yosemite on that partition.  Both Audirvana and JRiver are said to work with Yosemite or so I have read.  I will give it a shot and report back.

Best,
Ed