Honey Oak
4 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 75

Voting closed: 21 Sep 2004, 08:51 pm

ACI Finish choices

audioslave

finishes
« Reply #20 on: 11 Oct 2004, 06:12 pm »
I think cherry is one of the better finishes-a lot of my decor in the living room is this finish, so I naturally tend to lean towards it. As far as suggestions go, my second and third choice would be either a nice dark brown ebony finish(almost a chocolate wood look) or a deep rosewood (reddish) finish for your speakers. Just my $.02. By the way, nice work on the new website! :D

gonefishin

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #21 on: 11 Oct 2004, 07:52 pm »
For me...it's either rosewalnut or some 80 year old cherry :)

take care,
  dan

DARTH AUDIO

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2004, 08:16 pm »
Rose Walnut or Mahogany.. All your finishes look great..

vpolineni

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #23 on: 11 Oct 2004, 08:19 pm »
Rosewalnut instantly caught me eye...

Dan Driscoll

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #24 on: 11 Oct 2004, 08:59 pm »
I voted fro the Rose Walnut, I think it would look good in any room I built. I also like the natural cherry, but it can look bad in some rooms.

I'll echo the call for a gloss black finish.

silverr1

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #25 on: 11 Oct 2004, 09:25 pm »
How about a piano finish.

Christof

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2004, 11:00 pm »
Though I voted for walnut and I really like maple I think you will find, design wise, that American Cherry finished in (H20) matte sheen is a happy medium which seems to fit with many different architectural and decor styles.

c.

RooX

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #27 on: 13 Oct 2004, 07:16 pm »
most every speaker i have owned lately has been walnut.. i can stare into it for hours.

Mike Dzurko

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #28 on: 15 Oct 2004, 11:35 am »
I want to thank everyone who has been taking the time for both the pole and their comments. This is very helpful! I hope many more will put in their "two cents worth". Have a great day!

bubba67

Finish Option - CHERRY RULES
« Reply #29 on: 18 Oct 2004, 02:48 am »
Because cherry MATURES over timed ,deepens in intensity, darkens, just like a very good red wine, that is my preference choice.

I have a beutiful pair of Nelson Audio Revelator 1000 series speakers in cherry wood finish. When they first arrived they were light in colour, but over time they turned into a beautiful deep rich darkly intense colour. I love that finish.

brj

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #30 on: 18 Oct 2004, 03:43 am »
Too bad AC doesn't have a mechanism that lets respondants rank the options... that would give you a much clearer picture.  That might be an idea to run past JohnR.

After the natural cherry finish for which I already expressed a preference, I'd have to rank maple and walnut as my next favorite options (in no particular order).

Good luck with the survey!

MaxxC

Speaker Finishes
« Reply #31 on: 18 Oct 2004, 10:51 am »
I don't own any Mahogany speakers.    But these would get my vote.   Total Class!

Aman

• http://www.mgforums.com
ACI Finish choices
« Reply #32 on: 20 Oct 2004, 12:29 am »
Cherry by far. It just seems most vibrant and most unique out of all the other possible types of finishes :)

bob53

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #33 on: 27 Oct 2004, 08:32 am »
Ok Mike, I voted...  I'm partial to Maple myself.  BTW I'm shopping for a sub and I've narrowed it down to ACI vs. Hsu vs. Rocket UFW-10.. Here is a future suggestion (yes it relates to finish :) ):

1) design and specs - the ACI is better than others re: rated output and quality parts - no contest

2) Musicality - The ACI seems to get the nod here too

3) Build Quality - Nothing wrong with any sub, but ACI looks better made

4) Visual appeal - this is the only area where the ACI doesn't win in my book (it is second to the UFW-10 but much better than the HSU).  I guess it's a matter of taste but why not make the subs so that the whole cabinet is maple or cherry or oak, etc?  It's not that the design is ugly it just would be nice to have an option where the sub cabinet was veneered with a satin birdseye maple for example instead of black with the wood panel.  I'm guessing the panels are real wood vs. others who have only a laminate, but I look at the old version of the Titan and it seems to look a bit better as it was all one color.

Bottom line is that I'll still be picking up the ACI sub :) as it fits my needs better than the other subs, but I want a bit more eye candy! :)  

Oh BTW kudos to you for having a sub that switches between a processor in and a preamp in - for those of us with two systems that is very helpful.  

Thanks,

Bob

Mike Dzurko

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #34 on: 27 Oct 2004, 01:22 pm »
Bob:

You're just down the road from us! I appreciate your feedback on the appearance of our subs, just the kind of info we want to hear. Sounds like you are describing the previous version of the Titan which was all veneered. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so people have different opinions on what they like best. The newer version has significantly outsold the older look. Having the hardwood accents has allowed us to offer three times as many wood options compared to the veneered cabinets.
Much of the feedback I've gotten has been that the Titan is really a stunning piece of furniture that does double duty as a sub :)  No question, the pictures don't do it justice.

bob53

ACI Finish choices
« Reply #35 on: 27 Oct 2004, 06:00 pm »
Mike,

Thanks for the response - I'm glad you didn't take it as a dig b/c your subs do look very nice, I just like the uniform color look myself.  I'm in the middle of remodeling my kitchen and so my family room has become a storage room (hence my HT system is offline) but I'll probably be giving you a call in the next month or two...

Thanks,

Bob