What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?

dminches

Re: What amplifier do you use with your Daedalus speakers?
« Reply #120 on: 19 Oct 2018, 12:31 am »
I have both a Modwright KWA100SE and a Music Reference RM200II amp which i use with my Daedalus DA1.1 speakers. Both work quite well and I'm pleased with them both.

Although I have never heard the KWA150SE, I have read some some reviews comparing it to the 100SE. It seemed that the 100SE was considered to have more of a 'tube sound' than the 150SE. As to how much more of a tube sound - I dont know. But I think this was mentioned in the 6 Moons reviews and I may have read it from another source as well. So depending what sound you want, that might help you.

Does the 100SE have enough power for the DA1.1?  I have Athenas which are pretty similar.

Drew769

« Reply #121 on: 20 Oct 2018, 09:00 pm »
The Daedalus are so efficient, you can get by with almost nothing and drive them.  I had the 100 SE before my 150 SE, and the difference in volume was negligible.  The 150SE kind of disappears without a sonic signature.  It just makes whatever you feed it louder.  Complete neutrality.   Both are great amps, though.

nnck

• Music Collector, Audiophile, in that order :)
« Reply #122 on: 20 Oct 2018, 10:40 pm »
Does the 100SE have enough power for the DA1.1?  I have Athenas which are pretty similar.

The 100SE easily powers the DA1.1. Drew769's comments regarding the power needed to handle the Daedalus speakers is correct, imo. You dont need much power at all.

Since my initial comments, I have also used a Vinnie Rossi LIO integrated amp with 25wpc into 8ohms with these speakers,  and I dont hear any limitations from this lower powered amp either.

dminches

« Reply #123 on: 21 Oct 2018, 12:44 am »
I picked up a 100SE and, as you guys said, it has more than enough power.

Thanks.