VR-4 MKIII HSE room size question

roscoeiii

Re: VR-4 MKIII HSE room size question
« Reply #20 on: 3 Feb 2015, 06:09 pm »
You can place the DSPeaker between a pre and an amp or in the tape loop of a pre or integrated to get around the limited inputs. Or an external input selector would work.

GentleBender

« Reply #21 on: 3 Feb 2015, 07:36 pm »
I love these forums, just so many people to help. Thanks to all who have commented. If I don't thank you individually, it is only a lack of time. I am taking all of this in. I have seen a few DSPeaker 2.0 used and new on sale, one for $750 current model, and another with "Audiophile Power supply" for $1300, does it make that much of a difference? I have looked at the VR-22 and they are in the list of wishes along with the Salk Songtowers. Do they play rock well? I see they go down to 30Hz, but just want to be sure they would work well. Should I replace the turntable first in your opinions? It's an Audio Technica LP120 USB…it got me into this chase.

roscoeiii

« Reply #22 on: 3 Feb 2015, 07:50 pm »
I love these forums, just so many people to help. Thanks to all who have commented. If I don't thank you individually, it is only a lack of time. I am taking all of this in. I have seen a few DSPeaker 2.0 used and new on sale, one for $750 current model, and another with "Audiophile Power supply" for $1300, does it make that much of a difference? I have looked at the VR-22 and they are in the list of wishes along with the Salk Songtowers. Do they play rock well? I see they go down to 30Hz, but just want to be sure they would work well. Should I replace the turntable first in your opinions? It's an Audio Technica LP120 USB…it got me into this chase.

Don't have the time right now,  but shoot me a PM with your phone number and I can walk you through the DSPeaker landscape when I have a chance.

harley52

« Reply #23 on: 4 Feb 2015, 02:15 am »
Gentlebender,
 Better get over to A-gon and buy that Dspeaker before I do. Just busting your chops. :thumb:

GentleBender

« Reply #24 on: 4 Feb 2015, 01:31 pm »
Harley52,

If you need it go for it, I am holding off for now and will see what Roscoeiii wants for his since he has spent time to discuss it with me. I'm still between the DSPeaker 2.0 and a turntable, but I could sneak the DSPeaker in the house unnoticed.  :wink: