Cost to Play a Record?

ACHiPo

ACHiPo

Re: Cost to Play a Record?
« Reply #21 on: 16 Jan 2015, 06:15 pm »
More wine = better sound (subjective) up to a point when you start not to care or start breaking things as you change records.  :slap:  Someone should do an analysis to see what the optimal amount of wine consumption is for maximal enjoyment!  :wine:
Now we're talkin'!  Heading into a 3-day weekend--it's time to put on my (wine stained) lab coat! :lol:

ACHiPo

« Reply #22 on: 16 Jan 2015, 06:17 pm »
2 glasses the first hour, one glass every hour after that.
That sounds like a prescription.  Are you a patient of the Devil Doc, Tyson? :icon_lol:

jimdgoulding

« Reply #23 on: 16 Jan 2015, 09:38 pm »
2 glasses the first hour, one glass every hour after that.
I can relate to that!  Be relating to it tonite in fact.

Wayner

« Reply #24 on: 16 Jan 2015, 09:56 pm »
Wait a minute, you guys are using new age math. That doesn't work for old age vinyl....

That is why I have multiple turntables. I can put 3 in rotation at one time, so at 1000 hrs per deck, I have 3000 hrs of potential use...no? But I also have 3 other cartridges and 6 replacement stylii in stock. Don't tell me OCD is bad!~

Averaging about 1 to 2 hours per day, I think I'm covered. I do not have any Cadenzas, however I do have Budweiser 55 and that fills in the analog gaps just fine!

:)

LM

• Lyn
« Reply #25 on: 16 Jan 2015, 10:14 pm »
Has anyone ever thought about how much it costs to play a record?
For simplicity, let's go with $1 an album and say a conservative 10 albums a week (some such as Wayner will do way more than that) :D  That's $10  a week or $500PA.  Lets assume a wage of $1000 a week.  That's only 1%.  I give the taxman a far greater percentage than that let alone my percentage expenditure for car/transport, food and fuel costs.

But you're right.  If I give up records and live for another 50 years say, I'll save a whopping $25,000.  :thumb: Only problem is without good music, I wouldn't (want to) live that long. :duh:  Goes for the wine too so I'm off to replenish the cellar today and maybe order another Jico! :D

orthobiz

« Reply #26 on: 17 Jan 2015, 05:05 pm »
As a 27 year teetotaler, just think of the money I'm saving!

P