satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
Butler Audio, Signature Jolida, MORE!! at Rocky Audio Fest
« Reply #20 on: 22 Oct 2004, 06:13 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Quote from: satfrat
Just for curiosity's sake, what are you pushing your SP's with? Regards, Robin
Krell, Carver, Sophia(and when its finished, AKSA). But I'm interested in the Butlers and Belles amps too. Can never have too many amps..... :lol:
Hey Wolfy, a Butler tour maybe? (and  NOT with my Butler's either) :D Regards, Robin

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #21 on: 23 Oct 2004, 02:37 am »
Bill, Will you have the SP Tech speakers in your showroom in upstate NY ? Thanks !!  

I will probably have the Timepieces in the NY location but cannot say what the timeframe will be. We have another room opening up that is about 13' x 20' and thinking about what speakers to run. I will be starting with the Daedalus and Harmonic Presision Caravelle to better accomidate some of our lower powered amps with maybe the Timepieces being driven by Jolida 200 watt mono blocs in the larger showroom.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #22 on: 23 Oct 2004, 05:30 am »
Quote from: Response Audio
Bill, Will you have the SP Tech speakers in your showroom in upstate NY ? Thanks !!  

I will probably have the Timepieces in the NY location but cannot say what the timeframe will be. We have another room opening up that is about 13' x 20' and thinking about what speakers to run. I will be starting with the Daedalus and Harmonic Presision Caravelle to better accomidate some of our lower powered amps with maybe the Timepieces being driven by Jolida 200 watt mono blocs in the larger showroom.
Thank you Bill for the info !! When you get the SP Tech's set up, I'd be interested in your comments about what you hear....I believe , you have not heard them...just of them. But I may be wrong... :? , it happens. Thanks !!
    Chris[/list:u]

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #23 on: 23 Oct 2004, 01:55 pm »
I believe , you have not heard them...just of them. But I may be wrong

You are correct, I have not personally heard the SP speakers but do have the Continuums available for audition in the Chicago location along with the Daedalus. Joe Jurzec in the Chicago local has heard all these speakers.

I have to be cautious here in NY as to what I have in the room as this location is primarily used for modification work and not a lot of local traffic. The traffic that comes through here is always from out of town so what I do showcase here has to make long trips justifiable. Basically, I am feeling things out right now.

I will have a pair of EXtreme Monsoons running this room along with our Statement Jolida 3000A mono blocs that I recently completed but need to make a few minor tweaks to.

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #24 on: 23 Oct 2004, 02:51 pm »
Bill, can you comment on the mod for the JD3000's?? What's it do to the overall sound. How much is the mod if you already own a pair?

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #25 on: 23 Oct 2004, 03:11 pm »
Bill, can you comment on the mod for the JD3000's?? What's it do to the overall sound. How much is the mod if you already own a pair?

Good question Darth. In fact, I will also post this reply on my website.

The JD3000 mono blocs are obviously exceptional amplifiers even without being touched. My goal with these units was to maintain the seductive, emotionally involving presentation these units already exhibit with their 211 tubes while enhancing and bringing to the surface more of the potential hiding deep within. Just as with any of our modifications.
 I wanted to bring out a bit more resolution, inner detail and transparency without effecting the txture of these amps and also even more dynamic control. The lower bass becomes more dynamic with some changes to the power supply filter capacitors. I have replaced all these pieces with the same higher capacitance / lower ESR units I now use in all my Jolida custom mods.

I am still in the evaluation process of these units and don't want to comment or quote mod pricing prematurely but can say I am very pleased with them thus far. I have only about 10 hours on them and need to put in at least 400 hours due to the Teflon coupling capacitors. I actually used SoniCap Platinums in this first pair and still want to compare with the V-Caps after this evaluation is complete.
  I am also playing with different preamps to pair up with them with the Ming-Da Reference being the best so far to bring out the utmost potential. I also have a few other Ming-Da and ASL preamps that I am custom building for customers that I will throw into this system as I complete them.

If you haven't already looked over the mods for the 3000's, feel free to do so at my website. (The 3000 preamp is going to the back burner).

Keep in touch with any further questions, comments or concerns you may have.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #26 on: 24 Oct 2004, 09:29 am »
Bill,
    The JD 3000 mono's...very interesting with your mods. Please do keep us updated. Thanks !!! :) [/list:u]

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #27 on: 25 Oct 2004, 01:56 am »
I will post a new thread (as well as one here) to let people know when I have completed these units in regard to finalizing everything.
  I have a few other customer's unit to get burned in at the moment and running out of systems to burn them with untill I finish up the new listening room.
 Once I get these fully burned in, I will be removing the Platinums and running the V-Caps. I have enough V-Caps of the proper value already burned in so the whole process will not have to start all over again. I have no idea what to expect between these two caps.
  I also have an issue with layout with such large capacitors. There is a plate over the circuitry that prevents one from accidently shorting something out when sticking the screwdriver in to bias the units. One obvious solution is a platic screwdriver but I want to be assured nothing can happen so I am custom building a cover plate to work around the coupling caps.
 I can't wait to hear these amps driving the Daedalus DA-1 speakers in the new room!!