Butler Audio, Signature Jolida, MORE!! at Rocky Audio Fest

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
  • Purity Audio Design -Custom Design and Manufacturi
    • Musica Bella Audio
Response Audio NY along with out Midwest location, JAM'n Audio will be attending the 2004 Rocky Mountatin Audio Fest.
The link below will provide you with further information on the products we will be demostrating and the rooms we can be found in.

Product List:
Butler Audio 2 channel & 5 channel Hybrid amps
Butler Audio A100 - 100 wpc mono blocs using the 300B power tube
Response Audio custom built Signature 502B
Ming-Da MC3-Signature custom tube preamp
Various cabling

Yes!!! We are now a dealer for Butler Audio

Daedulus DA-1 loudspeakers  - Powered by one of our exclusive Signature 502 and also the Butler A100
SP Technologies Continuum and Timepiece loudspeakers

Link to information:
http://www.responseaudio.com/rocky%20mountain.htm

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2004, 03:57 pm »
Hi Folks,
  Here is an update of what and where we will be providing atthe Rocky show.

Daedalus Room: Suite 920

Ming-Da Signature Edition Preamp
Response Audio Signature SE502B
ED Speaker Cables & Digital Cable
Clarity Labs Speaker Cables and Interconnects
Butler Audio A100-Monoblocks
Star Sound Technologies Sonoran Plateau "Lambda" Digital Cable
Response Audio RA10 Attenuator Interconnect Cable
Sony S-9000 ES DVD/SACD 2 channel player
JAM'n Audio Power Cables

Star Sound Technologies Room:

Response Audio Reference Edition Ming-Da tube Preamp

SP Technology Loudspeakers Room:

Goldmund SRDVD Universal Disk Player
Rotel RSP-1098 Preamp/Processor
Butler Audio TDH 2250 and TDH 5150 Hybrid Amplifiers
Star Sound Technologies Sistrum Racks (SP-3 Revelation Room, SP-4
Continuum A.D./Timepiece 2.0 Room) Star Sound Technologies Sonoran
Plateau Speaker Cables and Interconnects Star Sound Technologies Sonoran
Mesa Interconnects
JAM'n Audio Power Cables

OBF

« Reply #2 on: 21 Oct 2004, 12:06 am »
Hi.  Is the Butler 2 ch hybrid a product that is currently available?  I didn't see it on their website.  Thanks.

Bill Baker

• Industry Participant
    • Musica Bella Audio
« Reply #3 on: 21 Oct 2004, 12:10 am »
HI OBF,
  Yes, the 250 watt 2 channel is a current production unit and is available now. The price is the same as the 5 channel.

OBF

« Reply #4 on: 21 Oct 2004, 12:14 am »
Thanks.  Will that be the cheapest 2ch amp they offer?  I'm quite interested in their technology, but don't need 250 watts and it's somewhat out of my price range.

OBF

« Reply #5 on: 21 Oct 2004, 12:15 am »
Oh yeah, while I'm asking questions, any idea if they ever plan to offer an integrated?

Double Ugly

« Reply #6 on: 21 Oct 2004, 01:01 am »
Quote from: OBF
Thanks.  Will that be the cheapest 2ch amp they offer?  I'm quite interested in their technology, but don't need 250 watts and it's somewhat out of my price range.

The 2250 is the only 2-channel amp they have, not just the cheapest.

Here is the Butler Audio Pricelist for your perusal.  It lists all their products and associated MSRP.  FWIW, though not listed, the MSRP for the A100 monoblocks is $12k.  The "Tube Driver Blue" line is for auto audio.

Oh yeah, while I'm asking questions, any idea if they ever plan to offer an integrated?

I asked BK about their plans a few days ago and got the distinct impression that their focus on squarely on the current line-up, at least for now.  

I apologize for the intrusion, Bill.  Please correct me if I've misspoken.

Best regards,

DU

JAMn Joe

• Industry Participant
    • http://www.jamnaudio.com
« Reply #7 on: 21 Oct 2004, 03:17 am »
DU,

You're correct both on pricing and product. Other products are currently in the works but nothing along the lines of a less expensive 2 channel amp.

The 3 channel/150 watt per channel unit (3150) list for $2495 but it's not listed on the web site. I will have to check with BK when he gets back from over seas regarding the unit still being available. :?:

I'll post the answer after the 26th which is when he is suppose to be back in town.

JAM'n Joe

hometheaterdoc

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 21 Oct 2004, 05:22 am »
Quote from: JAMn Joe
DU,

You're correct both on pricing and product. Other products are currently in the works but nothing along the lines of a less expensive 2 channel amp.

The 3 channel/150 watt per channel unit (3150) list for $2495 but it's not listed on the web site. I will have to check with BK when he gets back from over seas regarding the unit still being available. :?:

I'll post the answer after the 26th which is when he is suppose to be back in town.

JAM'n Joe

The 3150 is most definitely still available.  I have one en route to me right now.  I think it is actually a case where the 3 channel was never put on the website to begin with.... at least that was the impression I got from my conversations with them a couple weeks ago.   There were grand plans to update the website last year and they still haven't gotten around to it.  I don't feel so bad about not getting my website overhaul done yet :)

Great products that are worth every single penny compared to all the other stuff out there....

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #9 on: 21 Oct 2004, 08:51 am »
Quote from: hometheaterdoc
The 3150 is most definitely still available.  I have one en route to me right now.  I think it is actually a case where the 3 channel was never put on the website to begin with.... at least that was the impression I got from my conversations with them a couple weeks ago.   There were grand plans to update the website last year and they still haven't gotten around to it.  I don't feel so bad about not getting my website overhaul done yet :)

Great products that are worth every single penny compared to all the other stuff out there....
:cuss: Damnit, I thought the 3150 had been discontinued and I was gonna be an exclusive owner of 2 3150's here. Actually, I iike the 3150 better than the 5150 becuase you're only running 3 channels off the (same) single transformer instead of 5 and there's more room between the individual channel circuitboards w/o the 2nd and 4th channels. Still tho, if the 2250 had been available when I was planning my 6.1 system, I may have opted for 3 2250''s instead. Even more room between the channel boards and just 2 channels off that transfrormer. Can't imagine the dynamics of that setup. Just like I can't imagine the dynamics of Double Ugly's impending purchase of running 2 2250's running in mono, WHEEEW!  8)  8) Regards, Robin

OBF

« Reply #10 on: 21 Oct 2004, 07:00 pm »
Well, even though it's not ideal and I'd be paying for a 3rd channel, I guess if I only need 100x2 it would still make more sense to buy the 3150 than the 2250 since it's $800 less.

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #11 on: 22 Oct 2004, 04:20 am »
Well, even though it's not ideal and I'd be paying for a 3rd channel, I guess if I only need 100x2 it would still make more sense to buy the 3150 than the 2250 since it's $800 less.
That's 3 x 150 watts per channel @ 8ohms. Don't short yourself. :D Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #12 on: 22 Oct 2004, 05:32 am »
Quote from: satfrat
Just like I can't imagine the dynamics of Double Ugly's impending purchase of running 2 2250's running in mono, WHEEEW!   Regards, Robin  
Ahhh, but you don't have the SP Tech speakers...they love the power ! (and can handle it) 8)

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #13 on: 22 Oct 2004, 05:34 am »
Quote from: lonewolfny42
Just like I can't imagine the dynamics of Double Ugly's impending purchase of running 2 2250's running in mono, WHEEEW!   Regards, Robin  
Ahhh, but you don't have the SP Tech speakers...they love the power ! (and can handle it) 8)
I wasn't speaking for myself here but for Double Ugly when he finally gets his soundblasters fired up. :flame:  Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

« Reply #14 on: 22 Oct 2004, 05:41 am »
I wasn't speaking for myself here but for Double Ugly when he finally gets his soundblasters fired up. :flame:  Regards, Robin
I know...DU. Has the TP 2's...and they love a good amp with power x 2. :roll:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #15 on: 22 Oct 2004, 05:45 am »
I know...DU. Has the TP 2's...and they love a good amp with power x 2. :roll:
Don't roll them baby-blues at me Wolfy, I'll slap you stupidier. :nono:  :lol: Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

« Reply #16 on: 22 Oct 2004, 05:59 am »
stupidier
Is that word in Webster's ??? :lol:

lonewolfny42

« Reply #17 on: 22 Oct 2004, 06:03 am »
Bill,
    Will you have the SP Tech speakers in your showroom in upstate NY ? Thanks !! :) [/list:u]

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #18 on: 22 Oct 2004, 06:04 am »
stupidier
Is that word in Webster's ??? :lol:
Hey, it's a Vermont thing. I was hoping with you being right next door n'all, you'd git my drift. Just for curiosity's sake, what are you pushing your SP's with? Regards, Robin

lonewolfny42

« Reply #19 on: 22 Oct 2004, 06:08 am »
Just for curiosity's sake, what are you pushing your SP's with? Regards, Robin
Krell, Carver, Sophia(and when its finished, AKSA). But I'm interested in the Butlers and Belles amps too. Can never have too many amps..... :lol: