FS: SOCAL Legacy Audio Classic HD 2010/2011 94db Full Range

bryan0101

Location is Socal/Los Angeles.
Legacy Audio Classic HD 2010/2011 MADE IN USA
Color is classic cherry
http://legacyaudio.com/products/view/classic-hd/
Asking $2800
100LB each channel.
Warranty I believe is 10yrs, however I do not know if its transferable, so I will say it's without warranty.

I'm getting a divorce, downsizing everything.
This is one of the last item that I'm very much on the fence about.

I have had alot of speakers before, currently I got a custom Sea Excel bookshelf w SS amp, and a set of Sonist Concerto 3 w 60w tubes (one of the most tube friendly all around performing speakers). But none of them have the authority of legacy audio classic HD. full range with sweet high and soulful mid, slamming bass. delicate if you want to, and full orchestra if need to.

So after moving, I might not be able to keep 3 sets of speakers without compromising living space, so I'm incline to let it go for the right owner. This is the sole reason for selling.

Nothing that I can find, NOTHING, is more bang for buck than Legacy Audio Classic HD in my opinion, especially at my asking price. There are better ones for higher price, and there are cheaper ones with more compromises. But for a Full range, yet high efficiency speakers, this is the only one that fit my bill.
Giant electrostatic tweeter, carbon fiber mid and bass. Bi amp. 100LB EACH channel. You can use SS amp, you can use 100+ watt tube amp, or if you don't need all the headroom, get a 30-60w tube amp and it still would sing.

You can get alot of amp for decent price, and they perform well, source and preamp, same thing, lots of good selection within a specific price target. but speakers are hard to find, to me they need to perform well, high quality (made in USA), high efficiency, full range, obtainable price, that's impossible except this one.

Due to the weight, obviously local pickup and delivery(for a fee) only. zipcode is 91024.
I will send high res picture to interested party, but there are just absolutely no dent, no nick, just mint condition.

« Last Edit: 11 Dec 2014, 05:46 pm by bryan0101 »

diofan56

Re: FS: SOCAL Legacy Audio Classic HD 2010/2011 94db Full Range
« Reply #1 on: 25 Dec 2014, 03:18 am »
I've heard those before.  Amazing speakers!  Are you sure you want to sell them?

bryan0101

« Reply #2 on: 25 Dec 2014, 04:21 am »
Ya, I can forcibly justify keeping it,  but they sing best with some space,  which I probably don't have after moving, so I will keep the 2 smaller speakers instead.

These are very neutral and dependent with upstream equipments. I really have come to appreciate the high efficiency design,  and the Electrostatic tweeters (probably would never buy speakers with dome in my life...).  Realism,  scalable, and just being Michael Phelp of speakers.

I goto California audio show sometime,  and belive it or not,  most of the setup do not compare to mine (I always look for better sounding ones for my next target...),  alot of them have some area thats better(sweet romantic,  with big fat tube triode for example)  but fall flat on others (scale, neutrality, etc)

Anyway,  I am lowering it to $2500. Whoever pick these up won't have to change speakers for a very looooong time, because it'd be super hard to find better even and 2x/3x the price.

bryan0101

« Reply #3 on: 29 Dec 2014, 05:51 pm »
Just to add in some info. Legacy audio have alot of high grade studio, engineers, producer counted as clients.

Steve Hoffman master sound engineer,

Producer Rick Rubin (exclusively Legacy audiio),

L.A. Reid (OutKast, Toni Braxton, TLC, Mariah Carey, Avril Lavigne, Paula Abdul, Pink, Justin Bieber, Rihanna, Kanye West, Usher, Ne-Yo, Rick Ross, Young Jeezy, Ciara, Kerli and Dido)

Mastering Engineer Ricardo Gutierrez (The Rolling Stones and John Legend to Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey)

Sweetsounds Studio NYC (The National Geographic and The Guggenheim Museum to Hank Schocklee, and Hip-hop legends Talib Kweli, Wocka Flocka Flame, M.O.P,  EDM artists Zeds Dead, Mimosa, and Danny Tenaglia),

Mercy Sound Studios (Billy Joel, Whitney Houston, Willie Nelson and Jay-Z)

label Sono Luminus (nominated for 7 GRAMMY Awards, including Best Engineered Classical Album and Best Surround Sound Album, both by engineer Daniel Shores in 2013)