If you can build IKEA furniture, these will be a breeze. H Frame Flat Packs

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Replied.

The grills for the two 6x12" servo sub H-Frames arrived.  Great packing as usual.  Will get them unpacked and start building the 1x12" modules a few at a time.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
The grills liberated from the packing.

Captainhemo

Any testing on the drivers for the arrays yet Rich ?

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Jay,
These are getting the GR-Research OB sub drivers and Rythmik amps.  Just starting with the PEQ370 and 6 - 12" drivers, since I have most of that here.

Most of the test sample drivers for line array are at GR-Research for measurements.  One more driver sample arrives this week and will be shipped to Texas when available.

Captainhemo

Jay,
These are getting the GR-Research OB sub drivers and Rythmik amps.  Just starting with the PEQ370 and 6 - 12" drivers, since I have most of that here.

Most of the test sample drivers for line array are at GR-Research for measurements.  One more driver sample arrives this week and will be shipped to Texas when available.

Hey Rich
Yeah,  I  realized the   sub towers are using the  12"  servo subs, it was  the   other drivers for the  lone array (you'd previously mentioned them) that  I was curious about..

-jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
jay,
I am waiting for the driver measurement results when Danny has time.  I am hoping that the mfg's response plots are close and these are just confirmation of the ones to use.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Unboxing the 1x12" modular H-Frame servo sub flat packs.  Came packed three 1x12" modules to a box.

« Last Edit: 12 Apr 2015, 08:26 pm by HAL »

HAL

• Industry Contributor
First module sides and center panel glued. Once dried, put the end panels on and start the next one.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
First 1x12" H-Frame module gluing completed.  Now to let it dry and do the other 5 for this round tomorrow.

Guy 13

I HAL,
I enjoy seeing a step by step building of a kit and/or project.
Thanks for sharing.

Guy 13

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Guy13,
Glad you are enjoying the pictures.

Here is the last one.  Module glue is dry.  Mounting holes for the 12" OB servo sub driver ready to start installation.  Now to build 5 more.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
Glued the top cap on the first module for the left channel and drying.

Temporary cabinet stack to show the 3x8" and 3x12" H-Frame servo sub sizes.

Captainhemo

Glued the top cap on the first module for the left channel and drying.

Temporary cabinet stack to show the 3x8" and 3x12" H-Frame servo sub sizes.

That's a  great "descriptive" shot  Rich.  I'm sure it will be  handy  for some folks trying  visualize the differences and make a decision betweenn the two

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
jay,
Heard the 3x12" H-Frame at both RMAF2013 and at Danny's place last week.  Best bass response I have ever heard in a real room.

The two 6x12" servo sub arrays should be on par with the Genesis 1.1 speaker's bass capability.  That is my goal.   :D

Captainhemo

jay,
Heard the 3x12" H-Frame at both RMAF2013 and at Danny's place last week.  Best bass response I have ever heard in a real room.

The two 6x12" servo sub arrays should be on par with the Genesis 1.1 speaker's bass capability.  That is my goal.   :D

I've got a pair of dual 12"  H fmes tha I absolutely love.   After hearing those, my buddy has picked up the parts for a pair of the triple 12's  which hopefully I'll be wiring up soon. Really looking orward to listening to those .
I  can't imagine  how the  dual 6x12" OB arrays are going to sound, and if your  OB line  sources work out.....   :o

jay

corndog71

• Some people call me Rob.
Funny how that pic doesn't quite capture how big those cabinets are.

HAL

• Industry Contributor
It is probably the look down angle of the picture where I took it.

Just checked and looks like I can do two 4x12" with the existing A370PEQ amps from the Super-V's.  Will have to get another pair of 12" drivers from Danny on order sometime.  Will get the HX800 amps with the remaining drivers later.

Captainhemo

Can you parallel 4 of the driver coils together  ?   That will  put you   a bit below 2 ohm  right ?
Or do you have to series/prallel   ?

jay

HAL

• Industry Contributor
These are 16ohm drivers, so four in parallel are 4 ohms.  The amp is rated at 4 ohms, so should be good.

Captainhemo

These are 16ohm drivers, so four in parallel are 4 ohms.  The amp is rated at 4 ohms, so should be good.

I think actually  Danny has posted that they are closer to 12ohm ,  3  gives you  right around 4 ohm, might just want to double check that addig the 4th is not going to drop  the impedence too low

jay

jay