Rogue Stereo 100 vs Hydra

Bigfishhk

Rogue Stereo 100 vs Hydra
« on: 12 Nov 2014, 07:05 pm »
Has anyone compared Rogue Stereo 100 and Hydra? the hydra is a hybrid tube/ class D circuit.

I am going to be pairing one or the other amp with Rogue 99 magnum pre amp. I know the stereo 100 will sound great with the 99. For practical issues  I am considering the Hydra also.   I will A/B test both amps before I buy at dealer. However hearing some responses from Rogue users who have lived with the gear would be really insightful.

thanks

Tom

k6davis

Re: Rogue Stereo 100 vs Hydra
« Reply #1 on: 12 Nov 2014, 09:11 pm »
I am very interested in these two amps as well.

I have lower efficiency Magnepanars, so between these two, I'd be leaning toward the Hydra, but I haven't had the opportunity to hear either. The reviews I've read of the Hydra have been raves.

rpf

« Reply #2 on: 12 Nov 2014, 10:10 pm »
Check the Amp forum over at AA. Abe Collins owns the Cronus Magnum (which he loves) and had a Rogue hybrid tube/Class D amp (it was the Medusa) which he did not like. I think he also had a Stereo 90. He posted quite a bit about his experiences with the various pieces.

« Last Edit: 14 Nov 2014, 02:02 pm by rpf »

Bigfishhk

« Reply #3 on: 13 Nov 2014, 02:54 am »
Check the Amp forum over at AA. Abe Collins owns the Cronus Magnum (which he loves) and had a Rogue hybrid tube/Class D amp (I think it was the Hydra) which he did not like. I think he also had a Stereo 90. He posted quite a bit about his experiences with the various pieces.

great I will check those, tx