4bsst2 as a MONO!!!!! What do you think????

Rod_S

Re: 4bsst2 as a MONO!!!!! What do you think????
« Reply #20 on: 2 Nov 2014, 11:17 pm »
If you are talking bi-amping with respect to the B&W Diamond speakers my experience is it yields little to no audible difference for the simple fact that the speakers can not be actively bi-amped, it's a passive bi-amp. I horizontally bi-amped my 802 Diamonds with two 4B-SST amps and did the same with my 800 Diamonds. I had the two amps on hand so it didn't cost me anything to experiment but I would advise based on my experience not to spend the money on a 2nd amp if you don't already have one.

Jimmy71

« Reply #21 on: 3 Nov 2014, 05:06 am »
If you are talking bi-amping with respect to the B&W Diamond speakers my experience is it yields little to no audible difference for the simple fact that the speakers can not be actively bi-amped, it's a passive bi-amp. I horizontally bi-amped my 802 Diamonds with two 4B-SST amps and did the same with my 800 Diamonds. I had the two amps on hand so it didn't cost me anything to experiment but I would advise based on my experience not to spend the money on a 2nd amp if you don't already have one.
I was thinking at first to use them as mono but changed my mind and then thinking of biamping, thinking of buying a second one but I don't think I will do that also. Thank you very much Rod  for sharing your experience.

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #22 on: 3 Nov 2014, 08:00 pm »
Bi amping for me was a wake up I do like it this way

I am only using the 3bsst

Would like to try the 4bsst2

werd

« Reply #23 on: 3 Nov 2014, 09:03 pm »
Have you considered a bit 20? I happen to know 4bs love Bit20s in 240V. 

Jimmy71

« Reply #24 on: 4 Nov 2014, 05:03 am »
Have you considered a bit 20? I happen to know 4bs love Bit20s in 240V.
That is vey expensive and I don't think I need it.