VPI Scout Prime

skriefal

• SLC, Utah
Re: VPI Scout Prime
« Reply #40 on: 26 Jan 2015, 05:22 am »
Yes, that's the Roadrunner tachometer and Eagle power supply in my photo.

harri09, did you try moving the belt to one of the upper positions on the pulley?  That'll lower the speed slightly.

harri009

• Industry Participant
« Reply #41 on: 26 Jan 2015, 05:49 am »
Yes, that's the Roadrunner tachometer and Eagle power supply in my photo.

harri09, did you try moving the belt to one of the upper positions on the pulley?  That'll lower the speed slightly.

Yes, with no eagle it simply wouldnt go any slower without pulling the motor away.  There is a video some guy did and he had a similar result with the non regulated speed

skriefal

• SLC, Utah
« Reply #42 on: 26 Jan 2015, 06:20 am »
I can get the speed very close to 33.333 without using the Eagle PSU to adjust the speed in real-time.  But the lower belt notches on the pulley do require that the motor be moved a bit further out from the plinth (tighter belt).  I tested this by temporarily disconnecting the cable between the Roadrunner tach and the Eagle PSU (to prevent it from correcting the platter speed), and then using the tach to find the optimum motor position.  The belt is currently on the second-from-top notch on the pulley and it'll probably stay there.

harri009

• Industry Participant
« Reply #43 on: 26 Jan 2015, 09:18 am »
Yes, I was just saying for the guys without power regulation they may have to use the top notch and pull the motor out a bit more than normal to get the 33.3 :)

loving_it

« Reply #44 on: 26 Jan 2015, 12:13 pm »
Did either of you compare the TT stock vs with the Road Runner Tachometer -Eagle Power Supply combo ?  If so what did you gain " hear "
Just tring to decide if the added cost is there . Also whats the gain over a VPI SDS

Also moving the motor back or forward has always been the way to adjust the speed , is this a big issue now ?

VPI offers a dual belt pulley that will work with this setup

harri009

• Industry Participant
« Reply #45 on: 26 Jan 2015, 03:23 pm »
Did either of you compare the TT stock vs with the Road Runner Tachometer -Eagle Power Supply combo ?  If so what did you gain " hear "
Just tring to decide if the added cost is there . Also whats the gain over a VPI SDS

Also moving the motor back or forward has always been the way to adjust the speed , is this a big issue now ?

VPI offers a dual belt pulley that will work with this setup

I did not do an actual comparison of sound.  The benefit of the combo is that the tach speaks to the regulator and adjusts the speed to maintain accuracy.  With the SDS you have to manually adjust the SDS output.  It's not a big deal to move the motor pod out, but VPI specifies a distance to place it so I was just letting the guys who don't know that they may need to move it out

skriefal

• SLC, Utah
« Reply #46 on: 27 Jan 2015, 01:30 am »
I didn't really "hear" a difference between the with-Eagle and without-Eagle configurations.  But I do feel better knowing that the Eagle is there.

I recommend starting with just the Roadrunner tachometer.  Set that up and you'll get a better idea of the speed accuracy sans the Eagle PSU/controller.  Then you can decide whether to add the Eagle.