Maestro Review...

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #80 on: 15 Jun 2005, 01:49 pm »
What I think we will end up ordering is the Essence V mains, the center, and four Emerald On walls - and running that system with a pair of SVS PB12-Ultras for a while.

Then we will swap out the SVS for either one or two Maestros.

For electronics, we have the Emotiva $4500 pre-amp/power amp package. It is a really nice package for the $$$$ ... I won't say it is competitive with the $15000 Krell stuff - but I have yet to hear a combo for under $8000 that beats it. The system should mesh pretty well.

We put our Ascend and Rocket RS-1K packages on the market, and they have already sold, so I may grab a Protege system with a Titan, too.

The Protege system is around $3000 with the Titan, or about $1000 more than the Ascend package with the VTF-3 Mark II - and while it won't be an A/B compraison, it will be interest to see what, if any, improvement the $1000 gives.

drunkonjack

Maestro Review...
« Reply #81 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:10 am »
Craig , Are you still doing the GTG with the blind listening test ?

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #82 on: 16 Jun 2005, 11:33 am »
Quote from: drunkonjack
Craig , Are you still doing the GTG with the blind listening test ?

Yes - The Axioms, Energies, Ref 3's, and Paradigms will all still be here, PLUS the ACI Essence, PLUS the possibility of a pair of 650's from AV123.

For subwoofers, The Velo will probably stay, the SVS PB12-Ultras, possibly a Maestro and a Titan or two, and hopefully a UFW-12 or two.

Anonymous

Maestro Review...
« Reply #83 on: 14 Dec 2005, 07:51 pm »
Any updates? I am VERY interested in this subwoofer. I want power and punch, but sound quality on music as well as overall quality are VERY important. Thanks!

Craig Chase

Maestro Review...
« Reply #84 on: 17 Dec 2005, 09:09 pm »
Quote from: Anonymous
Any updates? I am VERY interested in this subwoofer. I want power and punch, but sound quality on music as well as overall quality are VERY important. Thanks!

The Maestro ranks as one of the 3 best music subwoofers I have ever heard. It may be the best...  :)

Here is a link to the Maestro review I did last year.

Maestro Review