Maestro Review...

Craig Chase

Always glad to help...
« Reply #20 on: 27 Sep 2004, 01:14 am »
You will have peace at home AND the Emeralds...

Craig Chase

The review...
« Reply #21 on: 3 Oct 2004, 03:15 pm »
The review is pretty much done. I will be putting together a complete summary in Word format and forwarding it to Mike D. Many of you likely already know I will be the owner/operator of Rocket Canada, with close ties to Mark Schifter.

As a teaser regarding HOW much I have enjoyed this Maestro review, I sold my SVS B4+, and The Maestro is now playing bass in our theater...

thugh

Maestro Review...
« Reply #22 on: 4 Oct 2004, 01:19 pm »
Craig,

Could you do me the favor of not reviewing the Jaguar LFMs... your experience was a big reason why I gave into the temptation and I just ordered a Maestro and another Titan sub from Mike... :D

Glad you enjoying your Maestro,

thugh

Re: The review...
« Reply #23 on: 4 Oct 2004, 01:46 pm »
Quote from: Craig Chase
As a teaser regarding HOW much I have enjoyed this Maestro review, I sold my SVS B4+, and The Maestro is now playing bass in our theater...

This is gonna spark a lot of discussion...  :D

Craig Chase

Ok... No Jaguar review...
« Reply #24 on: 4 Oct 2004, 05:21 pm »
Afterall, It would not be nice to cause marital strife...  8)

Craig Chase

More Maestro, Sir ?
« Reply #25 on: 5 Oct 2004, 01:31 am »
The second Maestro is ordered... I think we will keep things low key until it arrives, Then I will room position and EQ the pair for best results, run some graphs... and finish the review.

Afterall, The room IS 5700 ^3 feet... we NEED two Maestros...

jpsartre

Maestro Review...
« Reply #26 on: 5 Oct 2004, 05:25 am »
ACI subs have always been known for being excellent for music which IMO is much harder to do right than HT. I am sure the Maestro continues that tradition. The SVS B4 is well known for being loud but I doubt you'll find many SVS subs on audiophile systems, geared towards music. I'd be very curious to see a comparison between the Maestro and the "other" musical, externally powered sub, the VMPS Larger.

JohnR

Maestro Review...
« Reply #27 on: 5 Oct 2004, 09:34 am »
:? :?: :!: :idea:

C'mon!!! Enough talking about the !^%$@# review, how's about publishing it already willya? :lol:

Harry P

Maestro Review...
« Reply #28 on: 5 Oct 2004, 12:54 pm »
Quote from: jpsartre
ACI subs have always been known for being excellent for music which IMO is much harder to do right than HT. I am sure the Maestro continues that tradition. The SVS B4 is well known for being loud but I doubt you'll find many SVS subs on audiophile systems, geared towards music. I'd be very curious to see a comparison between the Maestro and the "other" musical, externally powered sub, the VMPS Larger.

I have auditioned a ton of subs including REL, B&W, Velo, Vandy, Revel. Haven't heardthe VMPS but the little Force can easily hang with and in fact sound more like music than practically every other sub I've heard. Much of it is definitely a matter of proper setup.  Maybe you should arrange to do an in home comparo Maestro vs. VMPS. and let us know how it checks out.

Craig Chase

You would be surprised...
« Reply #29 on: 5 Oct 2004, 02:02 pm »
Quote from: jpsartre

The B4+ is a bit of a different animal than the other SVS subs... The push pull design does a great job of keeping the cabinet "quiet", and it is very articulate.

I had a pair of VMPS original subwoofers for years... in fact, they are in Chicago now with my college age nephew... While they are not competitive in today's world, It would be interesting to try the "new" Larger Sub... I would encourage any Maestro owner to give it a whirl, and report what you find...

Craig Chase

Working on it...
« Reply #30 on: 5 Oct 2004, 02:03 pm »
Quote from: JohnR
:? :?: :!: :idea:

C'mon!!! Enough talking about the !^%$@# review, how's about publishing it already willya? :lol:

While waiting for the second Maestro to arrive, I am putting everything together in a summary to date...

Craig Chase

To speed things up...
« Reply #31 on: 10 Oct 2004, 07:23 pm »
I was able to get the ground plane measurements done today, and they are excellent. The summary review will be done by the end of the week...

Craig Chase

The review text is finished...
« Reply #32 on: 18 Oct 2004, 10:50 pm »
All the measurements are done, and the review text is finished. Everything has been forwarded to ACI for review... (similar to what Stereophile does) ... anyone interested in the 20 Hz measurment ?

thugh

Re: The review text is finished...
« Reply #33 on: 19 Oct 2004, 12:43 am »
... anyone interested in the 20 Hz measurment ?

Yes Please  :D

Craig Chase

Grab your Ultimave A/V's ...
« Reply #34 on: 19 Oct 2004, 12:50 am »
It hit 108 dB at one meter and 20 Hz. This was with 8.4 % THD and taken outdoors, aka ground plane ...

JohnR

Re: The review text is finished...
« Reply #35 on: 19 Oct 2004, 01:47 am »
All the measurements are done, and the review text is finished. Everything has been forwarded to ACI for review... (similar to what Stereophile does) ... anyone interested in the 20 Hz measurment ?

You mean ACI approves your review? How is that objective?

Craig Chase

It is called manners...
« Reply #36 on: 19 Oct 2004, 01:57 am »
I have the review text here, also... It allows the company in question a chance to read it over and have me correct any factual errors I may have made. YOU added the word approve.

They won't have a chance to change anything, just to ask for changes required, if needed.... Is that objective enough ?

Craig Chase

That looked mean...
« Reply #37 on: 20 Oct 2004, 12:57 am »
JohnR - I just re-read my post. I did not intend to come across as mean... sorry if I did.

I have heard back from Mike, by the way... no nasty typos, nor incorrect information to edit. In other words, the review is good to go... I have a "computer competent" individual that is going to put all the graphs and the review text together in one package...

thugh

Maestro Review...
« Reply #38 on: 21 Oct 2004, 11:36 pm »
Just got my notice from UPS, my Maestro and Second Titan are on the way!!!  :D

Craig Chase

Cool Stuff, Tom ...
« Reply #39 on: 22 Oct 2004, 01:47 am »
I have asked that the Maestro review be put onto the ACI site, with links placed on all the forums... rather than submit to an online magazine... it is a remarkable product, and hopefully it will get the recognition it deserves.