bryston loudspeakers

sweetspot

bryston loudspeakers
« on: 26 Aug 2014, 12:28 pm »
James, I was wondering what prompted the change to a new midrange driver for your speakers?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
Re: bryston loudspeakers
« Reply #1 on: 26 Aug 2014, 01:11 pm »
James, I was wondering what prompted the change to a new midrange driver for your speakers?

Hi

Just cosmetics - some dealers felt it was a problem with having BRYSTON stamped on the Tweeter but not on the Midrange driver. So we commissioned a new casting.

james

sweetspot

« Reply #2 on: 26 Aug 2014, 01:44 pm »
Hi

Just cosmetics - some dealers felt it was a problem with having BRYSTON stamped on the Tweeter but not on the Midrange driver. So we commissioned a new casting.

james
Thank you for your response, James. However ,this seems like an expensive proposition($175.00 each), just to have the Bryston logo on the driver frame!In the case of the Model T, this means an extra $700.00!Yikes. I presume this increase will be reflected in the price when ordering speakers in the future? :o
Hi

james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #3 on: 26 Aug 2014, 02:17 pm »
Thank you for your response, James. However ,this seems like an expensive proposition($175.00 each), just to have the Bryston logo on the driver frame!In the case of the Model T, this means an extra $700.00!Yikes. I presume this increase will be reflected in the price when ordering speakers in the future? :o

Hi

Yes I agree it is an added expense and casting is not inexpensive either.  I am going to try and hold the same costs on the speakers going forward as we are selling many more now and hopefully the extra volume will help defer some of the costs.

james

srb

Re: Bryston Loudspeaker - New Midrange Driver
« Reply #4 on: 26 Aug 2014, 02:25 pm »
As there is already an existing "Bryston Loudspeakers" (general) topic, perhaps this topic's title should be changed in the original post to something sensibly descriptive like "Bryston Loudspeaker - New Midrange Driver" ?

Steve