BP-17 Problem

1ZIP

Re: BP-17 Problem
« Reply #20 on: 2 Oct 2015, 02:44 am »
Mike fixed the problem with my "17" but didn't say what the fix was.  Several people seem to be having problems with similar symptoms .  Just curious what has been the issue….software or something else?

G Georgopoulos

• Restricted
« Reply #21 on: 2 Oct 2015, 02:49 am »
Sounds like a software problem to me

r.strefford

« Reply #22 on: 11 Oct 2015, 12:26 am »
Mike fixed the problem with my "17" but didn't say what the fix was.  Several people seem to be having problems with similar symptoms .  Just curious what has been the issue….software or something else?

PMC serviced mine in the UK. It was a very speedy process and they were very sure of what would fix the problem before they had even seen my BP17. They said there had been an update to the power supply with improvements made to 5V regulator. I'm sure someone from Bryston could confirm this or perhaps provide information of potential serial numbers that could benefit from this upgrade my BP17 is number 41 off the production line.

I'm very happy to say it was one of the best customer service experiences I have ever had. PMC and Bryston were both excellent to deal with and responded to my emails outside of office hours.

1ZIP

« Reply #23 on: 13 Oct 2015, 10:39 pm »
Indeed Bryston Canadian and U.S. Service is exceptional.

mmelendezpisa@yahoo.com

« Reply #24 on: 13 Nov 2015, 10:00 pm »
My BP-17 has the same issue.  Purchased over 1 yr ago, the power switches to the stand-by position and then I have to unplug the unit before it operates again.  Got worse during the last few days, now will not turn on.....

Emailed Mike... contacted local distributor and am waiting for Bryston's OK in order to send the unit in for service....

Anyone in the South America region?  Suggestions?
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2015, 01:17 pm by mmelendezpisa@yahoo.com »

mmelendezpisa@yahoo.com

« Reply #25 on: 6 Jan 2016, 09:38 am »
Got my unit serviced locally and the issue has been solved !!  Great customer service and very happy to be a Bryston owner !!