NFL Football ('14-'15)

cab

Re: NFL Football ('14-'15)
« Reply #140 on: 5 Oct 2014, 08:12 pm »
Thank you Bad Jay....

jackman

« Reply #141 on: 5 Oct 2014, 08:13 pm »
Damn, I was hoping Bad Jay would have taken the day off. He showed up in the second half big time.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #142 on: 5 Oct 2014, 08:20 pm »
Romo threw one bad ball all day and in OT but it didn't hurt the Pokes.  He played damned good.  Arian Foster is sumthin else!  Whew!  That big Dallas O line kept Houston's pass rush at bay thruout.  Watt got to Romo one time and on a crucial play for Dallas but Romo was able to evade him and complete the pass. 

cab

« Reply #143 on: 5 Oct 2014, 08:27 pm »
And the Lions lose! GB in first place....Lots of come backs/close games today....

roscoeiii

« Reply #144 on: 5 Oct 2014, 09:40 pm »
Damn, I was hoping Bad Jay would have taken the day off. He showed up in the second half big time.

Lots of bragging among Bears fans in that first half. Then oof.

CSI

« Reply #145 on: 6 Oct 2014, 12:41 am »
The San Diego Chargers shut out (as in the first shut out of the year in the NFL) the NY Jets 31 to 0. The Jets couldn't even penetrate San Diego's side of the field until late in the 4th quarter. And SD QB Phillip Rivers has had the highest rating in the NFL for the last four games running and already has the inside edge for the league MVP Award only 1/3rd of the way into the season. Plus San Diego, because of injuries,  is down to practice squad players in many positions including running backs. Undrafted rookie Branden Oliver, all by himself, racked up more yards against the #1 rated run defense in the league (that would be the Jets) than they have given up, on average, all year. One of these days people East of the mighty Misississippi (and particularly those in the Northeast) should wake up and realize that that we have long since subdued the marauding Indian tribes indigenous peoples and actually civilized the left coast. And if you never heard of the Chargers or the 49ers you might want to check out the SeaHawks.

Cheers and happy football Sunday!

jimdgoulding

« Reply #146 on: 6 Oct 2014, 02:43 pm »
Most of you guys have a 9 to 5 job, I imagine, so you can't watch ESPN's First Take with Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless.  Well, Stephen A is predicting that Cowboy's RB DeMarco Murray will begin to fade in the last half of the season because of the workload to come and that they will have to depend on their passing game to pick up the slack and fail under the pressure.  They will revert to what the Cowboy's have been for the past four years.  They will throw the ball more and Romo will become the Romo we know and love.  I'm buyin it.  Same coach, same players, same results:  8 and 8.  I'm only guessing that the O line is the same.  Regardless, they protected Romo fantastically on Sunday.  We shall see.         

mick wolfe

« Reply #147 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:05 pm »

I'm afraid it's becoming apparent that "Bad Jay" is still going to be popping up....FOREVER. That second half against Green Bay last week exposed the VAST difference between a true NFL premiere QB and "Bad Jay".  And I thought he turned the corner against the Niners.

Emil

« Reply #148 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:29 pm »

Its hot pink month again I see. 

Cant they just place a patch on the helmet or jersey to commemorate Breast Cancer Awareness?

All those hot pink gloves, socks and shoes are distracting and a bit much.

Is it just me? :lol:

charmerci

« Reply #149 on: 6 Oct 2014, 04:44 pm »
Most of you guys have a 9 to 5 job, I imagine, so you can't watch ESPN's First Take with Stephen A. Smith and Skip Bayless.  Well, Stephen A is predicting that Cowboy's RB DeMarco Murray will begin to fade in the last half of the season because of the workload to come and that they will have to depend on their passing game to pick up the slack and fail under the pressure.  They will revert to what the Cowboy's have been for the past four years.  They will throw the ball more and Romo will become the Romo we know and love.  I'm buyin it.  Same coach, same players, same results:  8 and 8.  I'm only guessing that the O line is the same.  Regardless, they protected Romo fantastically on Sunday.  We shall see.       

They've won over Houston, NO, St.L and Tenn. not exactly hard competition. But they're lucky as they only have to play Seattle, Philly twice and Indy - with AZ being the unknown. Their schedule could work out for them pretty well.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #150 on: 7 Oct 2014, 12:13 am »
They've won over Houston, NO, St.L and Tenn. not exactly hard competition. But they're lucky as they only have to play Seattle, Philly twice and Indy - with AZ being the unknown. Their schedule could work out for them pretty well.
Yep, maybe 8 and 8 is too low.  And, yep, maybe they will go to the playoffs.  I'll watch the Seattle game with interest.   

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #151 on: 8 Oct 2014, 02:51 am »
Yep, if Dallas plays well against Seattle, win or lose, we'll have to take them seriously.  And if the Eagles play poorly against the Giants, win or lose, we'll have to rethink all that Superbowl talk heard from some quarters in these parts.  A very defining weekend for the NFC East.

Speedskater

• Kevin
« Reply #152 on: 8 Oct 2014, 10:06 pm »
Will any of the Sunday, Monday or Thursday night games be good games?
Note that just because the final score is close, doesn't make it a good game.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #153 on: 9 Oct 2014, 01:40 am »
Yep, if Dallas plays well against Seattle, win or lose, we'll have to take them seriously.  And if the Eagles play poorly against the Giants, win or lose, we'll have to rethink all that Superbowl talk heard from some quarters in these parts.  A very defining weekend for the NFC East.
Well, I never thought the Dallas O line would be as they have been the past several games, so that's a surprise.  But Philly in the superbowl????  I thought they were the weakest of all the playoff teams last year, barely beating out a rather bad Dallas team playing street scruffs on defense and Kyle Orton as a mediocre backup for Romo. Superbowl???   :lol:

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #154 on: 9 Oct 2014, 02:23 am »
Well, I never thought the Dallas O line would be as they have been the past several games, so that's a surprise.  But Philly in the superbowl????  I thought they were the weakest of all the playoff teams last year, barely beating out a rather bad Dallas team playing street scruffs on defense and Kyle Orton as a mediocre backup for Romo. Superbowl???   :lol:

I didn't say it, ESPN reporters said it.  And some local pundits around these parts.  And you forget how fast things change in the NFL, which one of you picked Seattle to be the power they are now just a couple of years ago.  Barring injury, Seattle is the odds on favorite to repeat, no doubt.  But any team can get hot and make a run at the end of the season.  Question, which division has the most wins in the NFL right now?  Yup, NFC East.

S Clark

« Reply #155 on: 9 Oct 2014, 03:22 am »
Aha, not surprised at BSPN.  Those guys will say anything if they think it will keep viewers tuned in.  So much of the success of a season rest on how lucky a team gets with injuries.  I even think the Rams season likely turned with a twist of Sam Bradfords knee. Most teams are 2 key injuries away from falling from grace.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #156 on: 9 Oct 2014, 10:45 am »
Yep, I agree with that.

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #157 on: 12 Oct 2014, 03:38 pm »
So another week of awesome predictions last week, let's hope for the same luck this week.  Several blowouts and a lot of interesting divisional matchups on tap.

On Thursday I was on the right side and wasn't way off in the score like I usually am for TNF.  I had Indy 24-21, they scored some more points in the 33-28 win, covering the 3 points.

Let's start with the games that look good on the betting side.
Jacksonville is the official worst team in football with a power rating of 9.7 in the predictors.  Even lowly Tennessee will beat them 24-17, covering the 4.5 points.
Cincy will beat Carolina at home 27-19, making the over a tasty treat at 43.5 points.
Oakland is the second worst team in football playing one of the better teams in San Diego.  Oakland won't score a touchdown losing 24-15, I'm taking the under 43.5 points.
Seattle will score big at home handing Dallas their second loss 31-21, leaving the over 47 points a good look.
Washington is the 27th worse team in the league playing the seventh best Arizona team who is at home.  27-17 AZ covering the 5.5 point spread.

And the other games, all too close to bet anything but the maybe one on the money line.
Denver is a solid pick at 28-17 over the pitiful Jets, my only confident straight up pick.
Pittsburgh goes down 24-23 against the Browns, too close to bet the line.
I like Atlanta at home against da Bears 30-27, not enough to risk anything though.
Green Bay in a close one over Miami, closer than the 27-23 the predictors have it, lay off this one in the south FL heat.
Detroit might beat the Vikes 23-21 that the predictors have it, but don't bet the house.
New England and Buffalo a close game???  Yup, 23-21 NE, but don't bet on it.
A flighty Baltimore wins over a surprising Bucs team 23-20, maybe.
The line and the predictors have the Eagles over the Giants 27-23, but I don't believe it.  I like the Giants as do the wise guys, but inside info says the Eagles are fired up big time, so stay away here.
While San Fran over the Rams at 24-20 seems safe, the Rams are at home and it smacks of upset, leave it alone lady.

Have a fun week 6 of NFL action.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #158 on: 12 Oct 2014, 10:19 pm »
Love your work, Let.  Keep it coming.

Seattle just scored to even up the game after recovering one of those things you gotta hate, a fair catch fumble.  Dallas has played brilliantly the entire half to go ahead only to have this happen.  I'm proud of the 'boys.  Even Tony Romo it pains me to say.  Same for their coaching staff.  Please Cowboys, don't lose your composure and win this thing!

S Clark

« Reply #159 on: 13 Oct 2014, 12:37 am »
Dallas has a serious offense, and the defense is decent. People love to hate the Cowboys (not to mention names but look back a few pages http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=127820.60 ) and there seems to be an extra large helping of crow to be served around here. Satfrat is smiling. :hyper: