Mark Schifter attending 9/11 Session!!!

Mad DOg

« on: 31 Aug 2004, 05:54 am »
Guys,

GREAT NEWS!!! Mark Schifter founder and president of AV123 has announced on the av123.com forum that he will be taking time out of his CRAZY BUSY schedule to attend the Sept 11th listening session I'll be hosting!!! You guys won't want to miss out on this cuz Mark is really quite an incredible individual. He's got an enormous amount of knowledge and experience w/ audio as well as being a wonderful human being to hang out with!

If you're interested in attending and haven't already PM'd me your email address, please be sure to do so. I'm right at around 20 people now so I can on take a few more folks...If folks cancel, that'll free up some space for other interested parties. This is shaping up to be the best listening sessions I've ever hosted!  :D

Mad DOg

« Reply #1 on: 31 Aug 2004, 03:36 pm »
Everyone,

In customary MLS tradition, Mark would like to host a GTG dinner either Friday or Saturday night. I'd like to get some feedback on which night would be preferrable. Please note that Saturday night would cut the listening session short. Please weigh in with your preference in the following poll. Also, please email or PM me with your RSVP for the dinner as MLS has mentioned we can probably accomodate about 10-20 people. Thanks.

Dinner Poll Link

P.S. This poll will expire in 4 days...

Mad DOg

« Reply #2 on: 31 Aug 2004, 04:07 pm »
Here are the 2 setups that are planned at this time...

Setup #1:
Speakers: Onix Reference 3s, another speaker TBA
Preamp: Aragon Aurum
Amps: Aragon Palladium II monoblocks, Jeff Rowland 201 monoblocks, possibly Son of Ampzilla
Source: Audio Alchemy DDS-Pro transport, Perpetual Technologies P-1/A upsampler/interpolator & P-3/A DAC ModWright Lev II mods & Monolithic PS

Setup #2:
Speakers: Onix Reference 1s, Selah Audio SA-1s, Rocket RS250mkIIs
Integrated amp: Onix H34 tube integrated amp
Source: Onix CD-1 CDP

Mad DOg

Email w/ Listening session details sent out yesterday night
« Reply #3 on: 31 Aug 2004, 07:00 pm »
For those of you who had expressed interest in the 9/11 listening session and provided me w/ their email addresses...

I sent out an email w/ my address and phone number last night so please let me know if you did not receive it. Hope to see you all in a few weeks!

Mad DOg

« Reply #4 on: 2 Sep 2004, 02:56 pm »
With almost 30 people coming, it looks like i'm not gonna be able to accept any more folks...sorry... :(

Mad DOg

« Reply #5 on: 2 Sep 2004, 04:59 pm »
i forgot to ask...

does anyone who is coming to the session have some folding chairs they can bring? also maybe a folding table as well..i don't have nearly enough seating to accomodate 30 people...thanks!

will probably need around 10 chairs or so and 1 folding table...

Mad DOg

An IMPORTANT announcement from MLS
« Reply #6 on: 8 Sep 2004, 04:53 pm »
If you miss this session, you just might end up kicking yourself! Why? Keep on reading...:)

http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=81657#post81657

Quote from: mlschifter
Good Evening...

MD, I sincerely want to thank you for allowing me to visit during the listening session... As most of you know, we'll be sponsoring a dinner prior to the event...

I would like everyone to know that as our way of saying Thank You to those of you attending the listening session I'll be giving away several goodies... They are:

One TYKE system (choice of finish)

One ELT system in our newly (but not yet fully announced) Chocolate Rosewood or High Gloss Piano Black...

One UFW-10 (choice of finish)...

One pair RS250MKII's in choice of finish...

... and 5 X One Hundred Dollar wire or cable credit certificates...

With sincerest respect... and excitement...

mls

Mad DOg

« Reply #7 on: 8 Sep 2004, 05:21 pm »
if my wife knew what i'm about to do, she'd kill me so don't tell her...

originally this was planned as a 15 person session. since MLS announced he would be attending, we agreed to increase the headcount level to 25 (which is really at 30 right now). since Mark has exhibited such great generosity, i'm going to remove the 30 person limit altogether to give everyone interested in attending a chance to meet Mark and a chance to win one of the fabulous prizes...PM me your email address if you are interested in attending.

shokunin

« Reply #8 on: 8 Sep 2004, 08:24 pm »
Looks like it'll be a great weekend session!! Looking forward to it.  Get that Air Conditioning cranking..