What CDP's are used as a Transport and with what results?

ABEX

« Reply #20 on: 14 Mar 2003, 05:05 am »
I stated at the beginning that these were not my words ,but what was written by others so I cannot speak for them.It was taken for the basis of picking a CDP as transort or what might be alternatives for those looking for one. 8)

TheeeChosenOne

« Reply #21 on: 5 Apr 2003, 11:58 pm »
Quote from: sjd
Hmmm...  I had the CD-67SE, and for my money, my Sony DVP-S7000 absolutely blew it away as a transport into my smART.  I may need to get the mensa upgrade, but I don't run the smART right now, owing to the fact that I am trying to get max use out of my SACD-1000 before having it modded.  Need to make sure the thing ain't gonna crap out on me first!

For the record, while the SACD-1000 after burn in is a solid redbook performer, it also pales to my 7000/smART combo.  I miss it.  :(

Is it possible to connect an Sacd-1000 to an ART and then to a Receiver?

Wouldn't you then get better Redbook while still conserving the SACD portion of the Philips?............

cjr888

« Reply #22 on: 6 Apr 2003, 01:03 am »
Quote from: TheeeChosenOne
Hmmm...  I had the CD-67SE, and for my money, my Sony DVP-S7000 absolutely blew it away as a transport into my smART.  I may need to get the mensa upgrade, but I don't run the smART right now, owing to the fact that I am trying to get max use out of my SACD-1000 before having it modded.  Need to make sure the thing ain't gonna crap out on me first!

For the record, while the SACD-1000 after burn in is a solid redbook performer, it also pales to my 7000/smART combo.  I miss it.  :(

Wouldn't you then get better Redbook while still conserving the SACD portion of the Philips?............

No digital output on the SACD1000.

bubba966

« Reply #23 on: 6 Apr 2003, 09:14 am »
Quote from: cjr888
Quote from: TheeeChosenOne

No digital output on the SACD1000.

?

Looking at the hookup guide view of the back panel on the Philips site it shows both RCA & Toslink Digital outputs.

You could therefore hook up the Toslink to the receiver/pro for DVD's, the coax to the ART for CD's, and the analog SACD out to the receiver/pre/pro.

minotaur

« Reply #24 on: 6 Apr 2003, 05:23 pm »
Well, even though the Phillips SACD1000 has a coax out, it doesn't actually pass a PCM type signal that the ART would require. It only passes a Dolby Digital or DTS signal for a pre/pro or receiver. These are surround sound movie formats, not 2-channel audio.

-minotaur