Welcome to the Forum - Introduce Yourself

KCI-JohnP

Re: Welcome to the Forum - Introduce Yourself
« Reply #100 on: 25 Sep 2007, 02:05 pm »
Mike,
Right now it is paired with Martin Logan Aeon's but has been paired with M.L. Ascents and Odyssey's in the past. It keeps up and mates with them very well, it takes a mighty fast sub to keep up with electrostats and the Titan fits the bill perfectly. :thumb:

Thanks Mike and Eric for the warm welcome.

Sincerely,
John

Merwyn Machado

« Reply #101 on: 25 Oct 2007, 06:49 am »
Well, I can't say I am pleased with Audio Concepts because they do not believe in customer service. Last week I received a package for isolation pads for speakers & although the invoice I ordered amounted to US$ 31, my credit card was charged US$ 91. Being in Kuwait, I find it absolutely unacceptable on the explanation given by their after sales that UPS air charges were levied instead of ground charges because my order clearly mentioned Kuwait.

My grouse is that they should have informed me before effecting the sale because I signed for US$ 31 while I was charged US$ 91. There has been no forthcoming reply from Audio Concepts so far.

I definitely will not buy from Audio Concepts again.

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #102 on: 26 Oct 2007, 04:15 am »
Mr.Machado:

I can apologize for your feelings, but I can't apologize for our service as the fact is, you are unhappy with a UPS shipping charge that we have no control over. UPS Ground is exactly that, Ground transport within the Nth American Continent, always has been.

As posted on our website:
We ship worldwide. Call, fax or email for shipping rates to transcontinental destinations

1st) We filled your order as quickly as possible and simply charged you what UPS charged for shipping, no additional markup or handling charge.

2nd) Because I believe Vance did send you a detailed reply, it covered your questions in detail.

We ship international orders to pleased customers on pretty much a daily basis. We can't "give" shipping away . . . 

John Freeman

« Reply #103 on: 29 Oct 2007, 02:21 pm »
Hello,

Long-time ACI owner, since 1989.  In fact my old trusty warriors my G3 still sound great after all of these years.  However the foam surrounds on the woofers are ready to give away.  Any suggestions for replacing the 10 inch woofers.  :scratch:

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #104 on: 29 Oct 2007, 02:27 pm »
Hello,

Long-time ACI owner, since 1989.  In fact my old trusty warriors my G3 still sound great after all of these years.  However the foam surrounds on the woofers are ready to give away.  Any suggestions for replacing the 10 inch woofers.  :scratch:

John:

Welcome to our forum. Yep, the G3 is still a great speaker. We have a replacement woofer available designated the AC10E . . .  PM or email me mdzurko@audioc.com and we'll get you set up.

Eric

« Reply #105 on: 29 Oct 2007, 03:06 pm »
Hello,

Welcome. I have been an ACI owner since 2001 and love them

brent

« Reply #106 on: 9 Dec 2007, 01:15 am »
Nice to see you guys are all going strong, Mike and crew. I know things have changed for you guys since 1977 but you continue to design and build an excellent loudspeakers. I have worked there for many years on the phone, shipped lots of products, talked to many customers, went to many CES and audiophile shows  and have listened and compared many speakers against ACI.. But the bottom line is you can't purchase a better sounding better built speaker then ACI. And the service and customer support is just as good. The price can't be beat. I still have a pair of LV satellites and they sound as good today as when they first got broken in.

I do miss working there at ACI working with Mike and the crew and talking to all the wonderful customers. Woudl love to hear the new speakers sometime Mike. Hope all goes well in your new location

Brent

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #107 on: 9 Dec 2007, 05:07 pm »
Brent:

It's been quite a while, and good to hear from you. (For those that don't know, Brent worked in a variety of positions at ACI over a period of many years).  Are you still in the area? if so, we'll have to make arrangements for your own tour of the new facilities. It's not quite finished yet, but about 80% functional and getting the detail work done daily.  PM me or email me!

Eric

« Reply #108 on: 10 Dec 2007, 05:18 pm »
Good to hear from you Brent

ErikW

« Reply #109 on: 18 Nov 2008, 01:39 am »
Hi...looking to outfit my new room with a strong system and ACI has been recommended strongly and I am in. Have a few questions...hopefully someone here can help...

I am buying the Denon AVR-2809CI receiver, a Titan XL sub and using the Sapphire XL's as my front speakers.

Has anyone mounted the Sapphire XL's on the wall (not IN the wall) on wall-mounted speaker stands?

Secondly, I was going to wait for the XLC Center in black (when exactly will it be available?) but if the single is a solid option, I may go that road.

Lastly, I am thinking of using the Emerald XL's as rear speakers for surround sound. Can I wall mount these and is this a bit of overkill?

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #110 on: 18 Nov 2008, 12:33 pm »
Erik:

The short answer is yes  :D   If wall mounting the Sapphires or Emeralds you want to allow enough space behind for that rear port to breath . . .  3-5".  Alternately, you can use the port plugs that are supplied since you're going to be using a sub. Contact me via. PM and I'll be happy to help you pull it together.

Drew

ACI G3 CROSSOVER HELP!!!
« Reply #111 on: 6 Jan 2009, 04:47 am »
Hi all! I am very glad to see a board speaking good words of ACI.  I bought 2 kits of G3's about ten years ago.  I built one immediately, and bought one for a friend.  He moved a year later without building the speakers.  He eventually shipped them to me, I went through a divorce, and here I am.. ten years later, building the second pair.  I have all the plans EXCEPT for the crossover schematic!

Can ANYONE help me?  All I need is the schmatic for the ACI G3 cross over.  Please help and scan yours in and send it to me:  drewgey70@yahoo.com

Joe_K

« Reply #112 on: 7 Jan 2009, 02:53 am »
Welcome aboard Drew.
If you haven't heard from anyone yet, you should soon.
What are the G3's?
Joe

NicktheKnife

« Reply #113 on: 10 Jan 2009, 08:44 pm »
Hi, I'm Nick.  I am fairly new to Audio Circle.  Been on the Hagerman Forum because I just recently built a Piccolo head amp.  I Have owned the ACI Sapphire III LE's and a Titan II LE for approx. 8-10 yrs.  Very happy with the speakers but am wondering if the crossovers in the Sapphires could be improved somewhat by replacing a capacitor of better quality.  I have been hearing of people using teflon caps as opposed to the Poly-propylenes installed in most crossovers.  Anyone done this with the Sapphires?

jmillerdoc

late 80's early 90's AC G2 speakers
« Reply #114 on: 6 Feb 2009, 12:06 am »
 :duh:
Just bought a pair of what appears to be  the G@ from the late 80's and early 90's. Can anybody tell me much about these?
Jeff

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #115 on: 6 Feb 2009, 01:06 am »
Jeff:

10" three-ways?  Straight vertical front panel or sloped front panel?

BrianP

« Reply #116 on: 7 Feb 2009, 09:03 pm »
Greetings, all.

It's good to see that ACI is still in business and (hopefully) thriving, when so many small manufacturers have fallen by the wayside. The marketing strategy of offering a few excellent models rather than a large lineup seems to have worked.

I'm a DIY speaker hobbyist, and my experience of ACI dates from about 15 years ago, when they closed out their parts department and I bought some of their raw drivers on sale.

I built, as my second DIY project, an ACI kit (SR-2?) using AC-7 woofers and Vifa D25AG-05 tweeters. These had an unusual crossover, with a parallel trap filter in series with the woofer, and a rather high (around 5kHz, as I recall?) first order filter on the tweeter. I built some really pretty birch ply cabinets according to the enclosed blueprints. They sounded quite good, and I still regret having sold them later.

Around the same time, I got:

A DV-12 subwoofer, which I have in a 2.5 cu.ft. sealed enclosure, powered by a 70W plate amp. This is in my bedroom system and never gets pushed real loud; even at low volumes, it fills out the bottom end nicely.

Another pair of AC-7 woofers, which now occupy some ~0.65 cu.ft. enclosures, and are crossed to North tweeters around 2.2kHz. These are the main speakers in my bedroom system, and sound great.

Two pairs of AC-8 woofers, and a pair of Dynaudio D28-2 tweeters. These are in my main "reference" speakers, a large (9.5"w x 11"d x48"h) pair of 2.5 way towers with the drivers in MTM configuration. The top woofers cross to the tweeters (1st and 3rd order electrical respectively) at 2kHz, and the lower .5 way woofers roll in below 500Hz to fill out the bottom. Internal volume ~2 cu.ft., and heavily braced. These sound incredibly dynamic and open, with good "oomph" on the bottom, smooth and natural mids, and sparkling, detailed (but not fatiguing) highs. It took a while to get the crossover dialed in, and arrive at the current iteration, but now I would consider these better than some multi-thousand-dollar commercial systems I've heard.

The ACI house brand woofers of that era were exceptionally good, and a steal at the closeout price. Alas, they are NLA. I worry about the foam surrounds on my AC-7s--may need to re-foam them at some point--but so far they're holding up OK. I believe this driver was an OEM version of the Vifa C-17? Unfortunaltely, those are also NLA. The AC-8s have butyl rubber surrounds, so no worries there. I don't know where ACI sourced these, but they have the best midrange quality of any 8" I've heard, and (unlike many 8's) are entirely suitable for a 2-way design.

I recall that the ACI people I talked to on the phone, at the time I purchased these items, were extremely pleasant and helpful. From what I've read on this forum, they still are, and I wish Mike & Co. success and prosperity.

boycephoto

« Reply #117 on: 7 Feb 2009, 10:26 pm »
Hi, I am new to Audio Circle.

I have an ACI Titan XL that I got second hand off Audiogon.  The price was right!!!  It works well with my Magnepan 3.6's.

I wish there was a remote to adjust the output level, some recordings seem to be a little bass shy while others have more than I like, it's all personal preference.  I would like to get a second Titan XL to make a stereo pair. 

I am also working on room treatments. 

It's great to be here.

Dave
In Kalamazoo

Mike Dzurko

« Reply #118 on: 8 Feb 2009, 03:49 pm »
Welcome Brian and Dave, good to have you here! Feel free to jump into any topic you like or create new topics. Enjoy!  :D

ptownkevin

« Reply #119 on: 16 Apr 2009, 01:40 pm »
I just ordered a pair of Sapphire XLs and can't wait for them to arrive. They will be used with a Musical Fidelity X-150 integrated amp and a Cambridge Audio DACMagic. Sources are an OPPO DV-981 HD (CDs into the DACMagic, SACDs and DVD-As straight into the X-150), an Apple Airport Express connected with its fiber optic cable and a MacBook linked to the DACMagic by a Kimber USB cable.

Say - this sounds like it might be pretty nice!

Kevin