ebag4

Re: DIY inline crossover for your speakers
« Reply #60 on: 3 Jul 2014, 12:07 am »
Ed.  I pmed you a present jon

Thanks Jon, I PM'd you back.

Danny Richie

« Reply #61 on: 3 Jul 2014, 12:14 am »
Best I can get in those values are these: http://www.soniccraft.com/sonicap_gen_2.htm

AKLegal

« Reply #62 on: 28 Nov 2020, 04:42 pm »
I know this is an old thread but I am going to build one of these and I have some some questions if anyone has time. 

My plans are to have a box similar to the OP but with XLR input split to one XLR output and one RCA output.  The XLR output will head to my speaker amps.  So for each channel I will have two caps (0.033uf for the 48K input impedance for my amp to get around a 100hz cutoff).  One cap is on the positive - pin 2, one cap on the negative - pin 3.  The RCA out heads to the sub amps.

So  what should the grounding scheme be?  If I were to wire a a simple XLR to RCA converter I would wire pin 2 to the positive pin of the RCA and then combine pin 1 and 3 and wire that to the RCA ground.  But something tells me that I shouldn't have to do that here since pin 3 - the negative, can just head on out to the speaker amps.  Shouldn't I just be able to wire pin 2 to the RCA positive and pin 1 to RCA ground?

Thanks, for any help, I know this is probably a really simple question.