Bryston Basher

Mag

Bryston Basher
« on: 3 May 2014, 04:29 pm »
I want to respond to the Bryston Basher on another forum for which I feel personally insulted. :flame:

He says, stay away from Bryston if sound accuracy is your goal. That Bryston speakers are rebadged Axioms.

Owning the Model T passives and knowing how well they image, creating a strong center phantom image. This is the foundation of the stereo concept.

The fact is that in order to achieve this strong phantom image. The speaker has to meet the criteria of what makes a good loudspeaker. Phase, level & frequency matching, source accuracy, stability, less position blur, low distortion, timbre accuracy.

Having all Bryston equipment, sound accuracy is exactly what Bryston does or I wouldn't have the strong phantom center image these speakers exhibit. :smoke:

PMAT

Re: Bryston Basher
« Reply #1 on: 3 May 2014, 04:34 pm »
Even if they were rebadged axioms modified, who cares if they sound great to you. It's just an opinion.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #2 on: 3 May 2014, 04:48 pm »
Hi Mag

It has been my experience that there is no point in trying to persuade  the bashers as they have their agenda and will never be swayed from it.  It is a waste of time.

Our speakers are based on 3 decades of the research and development by many of the giants in speaker research - such as Flood Toole, Sean Olive , Roy Alison just to mention a few. Most bashers have never heard the speaker nor understand the science and technology behind it. 

There are many other people out there that approach this with open minds and judge things on whether they deliver or not.  There have been numerous reviews now on the Bryston speakers not to mention the accolades we have been getting at audio shows over the past 2 years which support your feedback on the  sound quality you are achieving with yours in your room and honestly that is all that matters. There are many aspects of our designs that are similar in the Axiom products as they are our partners in this project but there are many differences as well.

In my opinion bashers are different than people who wish to have an open discussion and learn from the others point of view.  I have no time for myopic bashers regardless of the subject material.

james

PS - Remember my motto - "THE DEMO IS EVERYTHING"
« Last Edit: 4 May 2014, 05:10 pm by James Tanner »

So There

• Brystonized
« Reply #3 on: 3 May 2014, 05:34 pm »
Well said, James!

Rich

Laundrew

• "Sometimes it rains inside my head..."
« Reply #4 on: 3 May 2014, 05:46 pm »
Personally I am very happy for individuals who work hard and perhaps make a few sacrifices along the way to purchase their "audio nirvana" equipment whither it be Brand A or Brand B and lets face it, it is getting much more difficult to chase these dreams as our economies are slowly dying. While my gear is right for my audio Xanadu, I can equally respect that it may not be another individual's cup of tea.

I remember when a sales representative was blatently criticizing my choice of amplifiers and telling me that I could do so much better - I asked her what she did not like about the amplifier's sound and she said she couldn't because "she had never listened to them." There is a huge difference about expressing an honest opinion in a healthy debate vs. a closed minded, biased pontification. 

Be well...

RDavidson

« Reply #5 on: 3 May 2014, 06:17 pm »
+1 And if you let the trolls get under your skin, then you're just allowing them to "win." Don't fall for their trap of angering you, because there won't be resolve. You'll be left frustrated.....and for what? Because some ignorant idiot gets off on angering people while hiding behind his/her computer screen? Just never engage people like that, or just stay away from those forums where you see it happening a lot. It isn't worth it.

I've found AC to have many friendly and respectful members. Of course heated debates happen here and there, and every now and then they get ugly, but I think this is just a result of passionate people with varying perspectives colliding. Overall, I very rarely see actual trolling here. And when it happens, the good members of the community shut that crap down quickly, which is fantastic. Thanks AC community. You guys are great! :thumb:

FireGuy

« Reply #6 on: 3 May 2014, 06:24 pm »
In my opinion bashers are different than people who wish to have an open discussion and learn from the others point of view.  I have no time for myopic bashers regardless of the subject material.

You are so correct James.  Engaging these people in an intelligent conversation is like trying to herd a room full of cats.  You may think from the onset it's possible but in the end ...  just futile. The synergy of resources you've integrated into your line appears very well done indeed.  Rebadged Axioms?  Heck, I'd consider that statement a compliment.  Ian and company make a remarkable offering for the price IMO.

fridays

« Reply #7 on: 3 May 2014, 06:29 pm »
I would love to hear the bryston speakers, was hoping they would have been at Axpona

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #8 on: 3 May 2014, 07:18 pm »
You are so correct James.  Engaging these people in an intelligent conversation is like trying to herd a room full of cats.  You may think from the onset it's possible but in the end ...  just futile. The synergy of resources you've integrated into your line appears very well done indeed.  Rebadged Axioms?  Heck, I'd consider that statement a compliment.  Ian and company make a remarkable offering for the price IMO.
[/quote]

That's a great point as it was my listening to the M80's that convinced me that these were the people I wanted to work with on this project.  I have had hundreds of speakers in my systems at home and at audio shows over the years and the M80's just impressed the hell out of me :thumb:

james
« Last Edit: 4 May 2014, 02:20 pm by James Tanner »

PRELUDE

« Reply #9 on: 3 May 2014, 09:12 pm »
I want to respond to the Bryston Basher on another forum for which I feel personally insulted. :flame:

He says, stay away from Bryston if sound accuracy is your goal. That Bryston speakers are rebadged Axioms.

Owning the Model T passives and knowing how well they image, creating a strong center phantom image. This is the foundation of the stereo concept.

The fact is that in order to achieve this strong phantom image. The speaker has to meet the criteria of what makes a good loudspeaker. Phase, level & frequency matching, source accuracy, stability, less position blur, low distortion, timbre accuracy.

Having all Bryston equipment, sound accuracy is exactly what Bryston does or I wouldn't have the strong phantom center image these speakers exhibit. :smoke:
Some people cannot see others succeed, it has been like this and will stay like this till human race exist. I gave up on this things because it is senseless and cannot find enough reasons to argue with others. If you are happy with what you got, that is all matters.

mav52

« Reply #10 on: 3 May 2014, 11:37 pm »
Bashers exist in every forum that resides on the internet.  If you feed them like any stray animal they just stay around.   Just let them be and they usually get tired and fade into the dark gloomy reaches of the net.

1oldguy

« Reply #11 on: 4 May 2014, 03:50 pm »
Let the ignorant remain ignorant.It isn't our job to convince anyone of anything.
As I've said before if I were to buy my amps all over again it would be Bryston all over again.

rmurray

« Reply #12 on: 4 May 2014, 04:58 pm »
Let the ignorant remain ignorant.It isn't our job to convince anyone of anything.
As I've said before if I were to buy my amps all over again it would be Bryston all over again.
      Yes, wll said.  As for me, Bryston will remain my choice of equipment  LOL   :thumb: :flame:

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #13 on: 4 May 2014, 05:03 pm »

Mag, am I missing something here?  :scratch:

The Internet, she is a funny place, no?

D.D.

Mag

« Reply #14 on: 4 May 2014, 05:05 pm »
Just spreading the gospel. :P

You know the Model T passives may be evolutionary. I am using them in an unconventional set up and it works. I think that it may work in a more appropriate room by using two reflective panels to project the imaging on to the front wall.

I heard them as well in the conventional set up, and they work quite well. There is a difference however in the imaging and some audiophiles might prefer a phantom center image that projects as strong as a powered speaker. Like I use to have a center channel speaker to compensate for the weak phantom image with my previous speakers. With the T's there is no need for a center channel speaker.

Stu Pitt

« Reply #15 on: 4 May 2014, 05:06 pm »
I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinion I have no respect
- Edward Gibbons

I used to have this secretary in my department who no one could stand. She was the epitome of unprofessionalism - she'd yell and swear at anyone and everyone constantly, call students f'ing morons to their face whenever the had a question (it was in a college), etc. One day another guy and I went to a pub to have lunch after a bigger than usual day around her, and I looked up and saw that quote on the wall.  I don't think there was ever a better quote to see on a better day than that one. 

I never forgot it.  Sometimes I have to remind myself though. 

Diamond Dog

• Chameleon, Comedian, Corinthian and Caricature
« Reply #16 on: 4 May 2014, 05:39 pm »
Just spreading the gospel. :P

I'm thinking that particular gospel is already spread pretty thick in these parts...  :wink:

Was the the forum you referred to something that rhymes with "WHAM" ? If so, I think I saw that particular thread...
Glad that the Model T's are bringing you joy!

Oh what a world,this modern world...so much umbrage, so little bandwidth.  :green:

D.D.

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #17 on: 4 May 2014, 06:14 pm »
I never make the mistake of arguing with people for whose opinion I have no respect
- Edward Gibbons

I used to have this secretary in my department who no one could stand. She was the epitome of unprofessionalism - she'd yell and swear at anyone and everyone constantly, call students f'ing morons to their face whenever the had a question (it was in a college), etc. One day another guy and I went to a pub to have lunch after a bigger than usual day around her, and I looked up and saw that quote on the wall.  I don't think there was ever a better quote to see on a better day than that one. 

I never forgot it.  Sometimes I have to remind myself though.

hi, Stu! well said and welcome back to AC!

al.

runs10k

« Reply #18 on: 5 May 2014, 06:41 am »
do the research and pick what you like... for me I love the bryston sound , especially through my Stax electostats!! :thumb:

werd

« Reply #19 on: 6 May 2014, 05:57 am »
I'm thinking that particular gospel is already spread pretty thick in these parts...  :wink:

Was the the forum you referred to something that rhymes with "WHAM" ? If so, I think I saw that particular thread...
Glad that the Model T's are bringing you joy!

Oh what a world,this modern world...so much umbrage, so little bandwidth.  :green:

D.D.

Rhymes with Wham?

Wham bam fo fam fidana fanna fo fam , fee fie foe fam.... CAM?