Time to move a bunch of these. Blowing them out!

Danny Richie

Re: Time to move a bunch of these. Blowing them out!
« Reply #20 on: 14 May 2014, 06:20 pm »
Danny,

I think I know the answer to this question but I'll ask anyway. Are the pedestal speaks returnable? At the price I can understand if that's not the case.

Thank you

I have not had anyone ask that before. Considering how little these cost and how much round trip shipping would be on a pair then it almost doesn't make sense for a free trail demo. It could be $350 to $400 depending on where you live for round trip shipping.

If you like the sound of products I have designed in the past, then you'll like these. So far everyone has loved them. I just don't see anyone wanting to return them.

Danny Richie

« Reply #21 on: 3 Jun 2014, 09:32 pm »
Just giving these a bump. These are great sounding speakers that look exceptional. And they are discounted hugely.

Danny Richie

« Reply #22 on: 18 Jun 2014, 03:23 pm »
Making some very happy customers with these.  :thumb:  Lots left still guys.

Danny Richie

« Reply #23 on: 9 Jul 2014, 05:27 pm »
Best deals going right now....

Wind Chaser

« Reply #24 on: 31 Mar 2016, 07:19 pm »
We also have a lot of the CST-1's...

The cabinets were suppose to be lined with a resonance control sheet that is an asphalt/vinyl based damper. But not all of the cabinet contained this material. And the cabinets were missing most of the polyfill.

Here is what needs to be done to them by the customer. Simply remove the woofers and install the additional polyfill or fiberglass insulation. You can also glue in some additional damping material like vinyl floor tiles or something if need. You could even line them with No Rez if you really want to take them up a notch.

Here is a copy of the instructions that were sent to the factory regarding corrections that needed to be made to the next batch.

http://gr-research.com/pdf/carnegie%20stuffing%20issue.pdf

I recently bought a pair of these and looked inside; as you mentioned, there was very little polyfill. So I went to my local Walmart and bought a 1 lb bag of polyester stuffing. I placed 40 grams in the top chamber and 150 grams in the much larger bottom chamber.

Don't like what I'm hearing, so like last night's meal, I must of overdone it! And like last night's meal, I would have preferred something other than polyfill... like lambs/sheep wool. And no, last night's meal didn't consist of polyfill, nor was I craving lambs/sheep wool. I had Nachos, with way too much cheese, beef and beer.

BTW, at $900 there isn't anything that can touch these.  :thumb:

Danny Richie

« Reply #25 on: 31 Mar 2016, 07:50 pm »
I recently bought a pair of these and looked inside; as you mentioned, there was very little polyfill. So I went to my local Walmart and bought a 1 lb bag of polyester stuffing. I placed 40 grams in the top chamber and 150 grams in the much larger bottom chamber.

Don't like what I'm hearing, so like last night's meal, I must of overdone it! And like last night's meal, I would have preferred something other than polyfill... like lambs/sheep wool. And no, last night's meal didn't consist of polyfill, nor was I craving lambs/sheep wool. I had Nachos, with way too much cheese, beef and beer.

BTW, at $900 there isn't anything that can touch these.  :thumb:

I like fiberglass best.

Have a look at the box plans for the N3 and look on the last pages and it shows you where to put the No Rez and insulation.

www.gr-research.com/pdf/Neo3Box.pdf

Wind Chaser

« Reply #26 on: 31 Mar 2016, 08:09 pm »
Thanks Danny,

Like my stomach, location is not a problem, quantity is. I think I put too much in and packed it too tight. Over stuffing definitely has an adverse effect. Later today when I get a chance I'll pull some out, probably half, if not more. Fiberglass is just too nasty to work with. I  get itchy just thinking about it.

Do you have any more Carnegie products left?

Danny Richie

« Reply #27 on: 31 Mar 2016, 08:14 pm »
Do you have any more Carnegie products left?

I have lots of them left.

jazyes

« Reply #28 on: 31 Mar 2016, 09:11 pm »
I just purchased a Carnegie CSC-1 as a matching center for my N3-TL's. I had Danny include the Sonicap/Mills upgrade as well as 1/2 sheet of No-Rez. I finished the upgrades last night and listened to a lot of 5.1 Hi-res music. Needless to say, the modified version surpassed my best expectations! The CSC-1 is a bargain "out of the box", but I respectfully (and highly) recommend the upgrades. The difference is astonishing without incurring a big expense, plus they really enhance the B/G neo tweeter in the CSC-1. As many followers of this forum know, they are currently unavailable.  Danny has never steered me wrong  :thumb: (he actually designed these for Carnegie) and I am extremely happy with this latest venture considering they aren't anywhere near "burned in" yet! Almost forgot, they are also contain Electra cable tube connectors out of the box. - John

Captainhemo

« Reply #29 on: 1 Apr 2016, 05:58 am »
Windchaser,  I've had good success with Acusta Stuff as oppsed to poly fill
http://www.parts-express.com/acousta-stuf-polyfill-speaker-cabinet-damping-material-5-lb-bag--260-330    (also available in a 1lb bag)

You can find it on Amazon as well.   I have not tired the fiberglass as Danny suggested.

I did play around with different  amounts in my  N3's and finally settled  on an ounce (28 gr) fluffed up behind both the top woofer and  tweeter then  used some spray ahesive to  lightly coat the rear  wall and just below  the lower woofer   as Danny's  drawings indicate.

Also used the Acousta Stuff in my OB7's and a few pairs of  Encores

jay

maty

« Reply #30 on: 1 Apr 2016, 08:21 am »

Wind Chaser

« Reply #31 on: 1 Apr 2016, 05:57 pm »
I removed close to a half pound of polyfill and what a difference. Jeez, these things sound really good! And they look really nice.  :D

If you cannot, or you are not interested in building a high-value kit, don't bother looking elsewhere for this level of performance at this price. Not going to happen.