The Legendary Bryston 4B-SST2

larevoj

Re: The Legendary Bryston 4B-SST2
« Reply #20 on: 22 Mar 2014, 12:41 pm »
This is phenomenal!!!

Are you bi-amping?? I bet it sounds extravagant as well!  :thumb:

Jumping in to endorse the Legendary amp! Started with one Amp and ending with this.... :icon_lol:

ZoOm

« Reply #21 on: 23 Mar 2014, 09:15 am »
This is phenomenal!!!

Are you bi-amping?? I bet it sounds extravagant as well!  :thumb:

It an active system  :green: the 10BLR take over the cross-over duty.
the amp feed one channel each for high/mid/low  :D

larevoj

« Reply #22 on: 23 Mar 2014, 02:13 pm »
I have been a proponent an active system and one that is powered by Bryston in every channel!  :dance: :drums: :banana piano: :weights: :bowdown:

What speakers are you driving??

It an active system  :green: the 10BLR take over the cross-over duty.
the amp feed one channel each for high/mid/low  :D

ZoOm

« Reply #23 on: 23 Mar 2014, 03:08 pm »
The Amp are driving PMC MB2i  :D

I have been a proponent an active system and one that is powered by Bryston in every channel!  :dance: :drums: :banana piano: :weights: :bowdown:

What speakers are you driving??

larevoj

« Reply #24 on: 23 Mar 2014, 03:27 pm »
Awesome :thumb:

The Amp are driving PMC MB2i  :D

alexone

• Anthony Bower, Stan Rybbert, John Stoneborough
« Reply #25 on: 23 Mar 2014, 06:56 pm »
wow, must be a superb sound!!!!

congrats, ZoOm :thumb:

al.

ZoOm

« Reply #26 on: 24 Mar 2014, 02:55 pm »
Thanks! here are the rest of the Bryston gear hehehe.....

turnovertherecord

• rain,fog,snow,sun,known to happen on the same day
« Reply #27 on: 24 Mar 2014, 04:56 pm »
I am very pleased that you have the time and fiance to enjoy this hobby on max :thumb: 8)

rmurray

« Reply #28 on: 11 May 2014, 04:59 pm »
  Have read about the 4bsst sq sounding a bit  "tube like" Would those of you that have one say this is true? :scratch:

larevoj

« Reply #29 on: 12 May 2014, 02:06 am »
I compared the ARC Ref150 against the 4BSST2 and it definitely doesn't sound the same or even "like" one. The sonic qualities are different between SS and Tube where one can leverage on each other depending on how the system is setup. However, I personally think trying to make a SS to sound "tube like" is a futile endeavor.

The 4BSST2 has an amazing grip due to its high damping ratio and it handles dynamic swing during trainsient load flawlessly. It's simply a neutral amplifier with plenty to offer and when paired with a BIT the 4BSST2 surprises me further how refine it can be.

Hope this helps..  :thumb:

Have read about the 4bsst sq sounding a bit  "tube like" Would those of you that have one say this is true? :scratch:

werd

« Reply #30 on: 12 May 2014, 08:09 am »
4B-SST2 and ProAc D30R is a very good team  :thumb:

I really like the entertainment stand. Samurai's also. You know what works really good for dispersion in front of the tv and on those component stands?  Chess boards, and make sure they are wood and bring out the pieces. A set-up chess board helps disperse treble. It does and put 2 if you can.

rmurray

« Reply #31 on: 12 May 2014, 11:25 am »
I compared the ARC Ref150 against the 4BSST2 and it definitely doesn't sound the same or even "like" one. The sonic qualities are different between SS and Tube where one can leverage on each other depending on how the system is setup. However, I personally think trying to make a SS to sound "tube like" is a futile endeavor.

The 4BSST2 has an amazing grip due to its high damping ratio and it handles dynamic swing during trainsient load flawlessly. It's simply a neutral amplifier with plenty to offer and when paired with a BIT the 4BSST2 surprises me further how refine it can be.

Hope this helps..  :thumb:   Yes, thanks very much. I think the tube idea was that the 4B is smoother in the highs than earlier models

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #32 on: 12 May 2014, 11:29 am »
For sound of the 4B-SST²I would say it is neutral. It gives you what you put into it back out, just louder.
With the word neutral I do not mean thin sounding, (which is what some folks assume neutral means.) The amp has a good balance of highs mid and bass. Musical sounding. But no bloated mids at all.

My last amp, a Forte 4A was great. I had to have a better sounding amp to fork out the money.. And after auditioningthe Bryston 4B-SST² i felt it was better. The best part is as I have made some other improvements to my system the Bryston 4B-SST² has easily kept up. And I am certain it can do even better as I refine my setup.
So I would say I love my Bryston 4B-SST² and it is all i need for an amp for the forseeable future.

I am not some Bryston sop.. I tried the Bryston DAC and returned it as my cheap DAC ($250 used ten years old) was just as good IMO. So with that clearly I am not 'just' a Bryston fangirl, I reiterate the 4B_SST² amp is a real keeper.

rmurray

« Reply #33 on: 12 May 2014, 02:36 pm »
 Thanks Elizabeth :thumb:

werd

« Reply #34 on: 12 May 2014, 04:26 pm »
For sound of the 4B-SST²I would say it is neutral. It gives you what you put into it back out, just louder.
With the word neutral I do not mean thin sounding, (which is what some folks assume neutral means.) The amp has a good balance of highs mid and bass. Musical sounding. But no bloated mids at all.

My last amp, a Forte 4A was great. I had to have a better sounding amp to fork out the money.. And after auditioningthe Bryston 4B-SST² i felt it was better. The best part is as I have made some other improvements to my system the Bryston 4B-SST² has easily kept up. And I am certain it can do even better as I refine my setup.
So I would say I love my Bryston 4B-SST² and it is all i need for an amp for the forseeable future.

I am not some Bryston sop.. I tried the Bryston DAC and returned it as my cheap DAC ($250 used ten years old) was just as good IMO. So with that clearly I am not 'just' a Bryston fangirl, I reiterate the 4B_SST² amp is a real keeper.

What dac is this? 

Elizabeth

• So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish
« Reply #35 on: 13 May 2014, 01:03 am »
What dac is this?
Sorry I am not going to 'plug' for a DAC not a Bryston on a Bryston site.
IT is never available used anymore anyway. My praising it has driven them all to ground. And the last one I saw for sale was asking (and got) $750. Jeesh.
Funny how one person can affect the market.