Supercharged SongTowers with Hiquphon OW2

jsalk

• Facilitator
    • Salk Signature Sound
Supercharged SongTowers with Hiquphon OW2
« on: 10 Mar 2014, 07:14 pm »
We always try and respond to customer requests.  From time to time, we have had customers ask for a certain speaker model with a dome tweeter instead of our standard RAAL ribbon tweeter.  This could be because they had an aversion to ribbon tweeters, or they wanted that same model at a little lower cost.

We recently received a request for a Supercharged SongTower with the Hiquphon OW2, a great dome tweeter.  So we did it.

Here are some pictures...

And a close-up...

The Supercharged SongTowers with the RAAL tweeter are $3495 in a standard finish.  With the Hiquphon OW2 dome tweeter, they are $2895, a $600 savings.

This was the first pair we built and is available for immediate delivery.  We will be adding it to the "Available for Immediate Delivery" child board.

- Jim

glangford

Re: Supercharged SongTowers with Hiquphon OW2
« Reply #1 on: 11 Mar 2014, 09:44 am »
I don't know if Jim remembers, but I actually inquired about this exact speaker over a year ago. I was undecided at the time about ST vs SCST.  I was trying to save a few bucks and get the advantages of the extra bass extension from the SCST, but keep the dome tweeter.  I thought the dome might have better dispersion when running a phantom center for movies in a 2 channel rig as well. Of course I ended up just getting SCSTs and I'm glad, but this could be a very intriguing speaker.