Anyone using Pocket Cloud? Odd cursor issue...

Jonathan

Anyone using Pocket Cloud? Odd cursor issue...
« on: 2 Mar 2014, 05:17 pm »
Just went out and bought a cheap bluetooth keyboard and mouse to free up all of the USB ports on my Mac Mini. My DAC is in one USB port and my external hard drive is connected via Firewire. Running Audirvana Plus. I use the Remote app, but I also use Pocket Cloud to control the whole computer from my iPad while I'm in my chair (about 8' from the rack).

The bluetooth mouse and keyboard are working, and I can control the Mac Mini perfectly from my listening position. What is weird is that cursor on the Mac Mini display does not show up on the Pocket Cloud iPad window, even though it is still visible and active on the the computer monitor. The mouse/cursor works fine, e.g., if I open an application or do anything on the computer--it just does not show up on the iPad.

I tried to log in to the Pocket Cloud forums to ask the question, but their registration/authentication program is not working (asks me to type in two illegible words that will not work no matter how many times I try).

Anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions? Thanks,

Jon

Jonathan

Re: Anyone using Pocket Cloud? Odd cursor issue...
« Reply #1 on: 8 Mar 2014, 11:44 pm »
Well, no one responded, but in case you might be interested, it turns out that Pocket Cloud is simply not compatible with a bluetooth mouse (I guess I figured that much out already). Tried using Team Viewer instead. You have to find the preference to allow the host computer's mouse to show up, but after checking that box it works perfectly.