• Volunteer
  • Just like that bluebird

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
Re: Celebrating Michael Sam
« Reply #1 on: 13 Feb 2014, 03:41 am »
3 ... 2 ... 1 ... before this topic gets deleted, and rightly so.  Not because of any 'side' the link is on, but because the link is SO political. 

RDavidson

« Reply #2 on: 13 Feb 2014, 04:03 am »
3 ... 2 ... 1 ... before this topic gets deleted, and rightly so.  Not because of any 'side' the link is on, but because the link is SO political.

My thoughts exactly. We've had heated discussions on things far less political here in the very recent past.

thunderbrick

• Volunteer
  • I'm just not right!
« Reply #3 on: 13 Feb 2014, 04:07 am »
And since it involves the SEC it violates the rule against religious discussions.

Vapor Audio

• Industry Participant
  • Building Audio Bling since 2007
    • Vapor Audio
« Reply #4 on: 13 Feb 2014, 04:15 am »
Well, we could talk about how Sam managed to be in the wrong gap every single snap of the Auburn game ... that's not off limits.  Just don't refer to his lack of  'plugging holes'  :lol:

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #5 on: 17 Feb 2014, 07:43 am »
How is being gay political? :scratch:  The science seems to indicate it's biological.  At any rate, good for him. :thumb:  In 2014 no one should have sneak around and hide what they are, and anyone that doesn't like it can go pound sand. :icon_twisted:

Nick77

« Reply #6 on: 17 Feb 2014, 11:45 am »
I haven't seen him play football yet, whats to celebrate?  :duh:

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #7 on: 17 Feb 2014, 01:02 pm »
I haven't seen him play football yet, whats to celebrate?  :duh:
See a movie called "42". That may clear it up for you.

I think what we are celebrating is the courage it took to openly acknowledge personal information that he knows, from life experience, will put him in the crosshairs of the loudest and most virulent haters. Michael Sam has the background credentials, size and skill set to step into an arena where paychecks have a lot of digits. He's risking all of that by not hiding in the closet. How can you see that as anything but a daring roll of the dice?

He's betting, hoping, praying that America has evolved sufficiently on this issue. I'm proud of him for doing so. And a lot of other people are too.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/michael-sam-supporters-standwithsam

Incidentally, Michael Sam was chosen SEC Defensive Player of the Year on a team that won the Cotton Bowl. So, yes, he can play.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #8 on: 18 Feb 2014, 10:33 am »
Well said!  I admire Ellen Page for coming out as well.  She has the cred that she could ignore the rumors and cash lots of paychecks.  It took some courage to come out, and I think when famous people do so it really helps young people a lot.  They should know that there's nothing shameful about being gay and it doesn't mean something is wrong with them.