Bryston preamp

adan888

Re: Bryston preamp
« Reply #20 on: 13 Jan 2014, 03:21 am »
They must have had it for a while or the dealer.

james

If that is the case, what are the differences, if there's any between the newly manufactured BP-26 and those ones 3 years ago?  :scratch:

Where shall I get the written contract that says the warranty starts from the date of purchase as opposed to the date of manufacture?

I still believe it is a dodgy practice by your dealer here and morally wrong to sell an old product and pass it on as new by not telling the customer.  :cry:

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #21 on: 13 Jan 2014, 03:37 am »
If that is the case, what are the differences, if there's any between the newly manufactured BP-26 and those ones 3 years ago?  :scratch:

Where shall I get the written contract that says the warranty starts from the date of purchase as opposed to the date of manufacture?

I still believe it is a dodgy practice by your dealer here and morally wrong to sell an old product and pass it on as new by not telling the customer.  :cry:

Hi

I agree - I would contact the dealer and ask for a newer unit.  There are no differences since the BP26 has been introduced.

james

adan888

« Reply #22 on: 13 Jan 2014, 03:38 am »
Thank you James, you are the man.  :thumb:
Will wait and see.  :D

adan888

« Reply #23 on: 15 Jan 2014, 01:29 am »
Hi

I agree - I would contact the dealer and ask for a newer unit.  There are no differences since the BP26 has been introduced.

james

Hi James,

Any luck yet?
Thanks. :)

drummermitchell

« Reply #24 on: 15 Jan 2014, 01:50 am »
I believe James is asking you to ask the dealer for a new unit.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #25 on: 15 Jan 2014, 01:56 am »
I believe James is asking you to ask the dealer for a new unit.

Yes sorry for the misunderstanding - I meant call the dealer and explain that you want a newer unit.

james

adan888

« Reply #26 on: 16 Jan 2014, 12:11 am »
Yes sorry for the misunderstanding - I meant call the dealer and explain that you want a newer unit.

james

Hi James, I did called the dealer but they said they cannot give me a newer unit as they have enough old units in stock. Looks like in in a dead end situation here. I bought a new unit and expecting a new product but I got a 3yr. old one. Not happy with their response.   :scratch:  :(

drummermitchell

« Reply #27 on: 16 Jan 2014, 01:39 am »
Trying to sell off old/new stock.
You paid for a new one it should be this YEAR.
I'd demand my money back and find another Bryston dealer,that's just me .
Yes it is new but it is still 3 years old.
If you sold it in say 2 or 5yrs it in reality is 5-8 yrs old.
All my Bryston was the same year I bought it.
I think you would knock off 30% even if it's one year old if you ever sold it.
Pure BS to me
I'd better get outta here as I'm getting a tad riled :lol:.

gil99

« Reply #28 on: 16 Jan 2014, 04:20 pm »
I hope that you get a good discount on the unit as the price 3 years ago was less than of today.  If not I would ask for one.  But I would not worry about the warranty as I'm sure you will get your full 20 year of warranty and probably more as I have heard story about guy sending their unit with more than 20 years old and were repair on warranty.  Bryston is reknown for their customer service as being top rate.  They won't let you down.

Gil

adan888

« Reply #29 on: 18 Jan 2014, 12:04 am »
I hope that you get a good discount on the unit as the price 3 years ago was less than of today.  If not I would ask for one.  But I would not worry about the warranty as I'm sure you will get your full 20 year of warranty and probably more as I have heard story about guy sending their unit with more than 20 years old and were repair on warranty.  Bryston is reknown for their customer service as being top rate.  They won't let you down.

Gil

According to Bryston Australian distributor, they will not replace or do anything with the old one I bought as a brand new. As I have mentioned earlier, the dealer/distributor seems not to observe any moral values, let alone alone legal obligation to sell old stock and pass it as a new one.
I think an email to Australian fair trading will help, I will seriously seek a solution to this issue.
I know Bryston have a very good customer service but not their Australian distributor in this case.  :evil:  :duh: