While I'm waiting for tubes....

Blackmore

While I'm waiting for tubes....
« on: 27 Nov 2013, 10:15 pm »
Now is the winter of our discontent
Made glorious summer by this son of A. Jones

Since BATman developed some noisy tubes, I've decided to move everything out of the way and have some fun.  Little BS22 speakers fed by a Sony NS900V disc player feeding a Pioneer Elite NSX40 receiver.  Cabling is a Stereovox HDXV digital cable and the speaker cables are Home Depot Halloween specials.  I particularly like the speaker placement.   :icon_twisted:  (I can use the ROK and the GyroOrbe to play vinyl) 

And ScottF.  I have remote volume control.   :green:

Scott F.

Re: While I'm waiting for tubes....
« Reply #1 on: 28 Nov 2013, 07:37 pm »
....tubes for the BAT....ouch :duh:

Hey, speaking of remotes, I just picked up a new one for the HT and this thing is awesome!

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-smart-control?crid=60

It's super easy to program with the website interface plus you can download the Harmony Remote app for you phone and pad. All of them work like a champ :thumb: plus it's not one of those mega $ remotes. It's fairly reasonable at just over $100.

I just looked up your Droplet on the Harmony website and they have the codes :thumb:

Blackmore

« Reply #2 on: 28 Nov 2013, 07:48 pm »
I think it's just the 6SN7 tubes so I'm OK.  That remote sounds pretty cool but can't control the Yammie :wink:

catastrofe

• "That's what credit cards are for. . ."
« Reply #3 on: 28 Nov 2013, 07:56 pm »
I have a plethora of 6SN7s laying around from my Atma-Sphere stuff.  You're welcome to take as many as you need. . .

Blackmore

« Reply #4 on: 28 Nov 2013, 08:03 pm »
Thanks Bob. I will pm you soon

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #5 on: 29 Nov 2013, 03:45 am »
So....Logitech is charging $130 for an App?  :scratch:

Hey, speaking of remotes, I just picked up a new one for the HT and this thing is awesome!

http://www.logitech.com/en-us/product/harmony-smart-control?crid=60

It's super easy to program with the website interface plus you can download the Harmony Remote app for you phone and pad. All of them work like a champ :thumb: plus it's not one of those mega $ remotes. It's fairly reasonable at just over $100.

Scott F.

« Reply #6 on: 29 Nov 2013, 04:45 am »
No, there is a traditional remote, I think they call it a 'simple' remote. Then you have the IR blaster box that sits in your rack. The Apps interface with the box in your rack via WiFi.

Bob in St. Louis

• Facilitator
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
« Reply #7 on: 29 Nov 2013, 02:49 pm »
Ohh, gotcha. Thanks Scott.  :thumb:

youravhandyman

« Reply #8 on: 1 Dec 2013, 05:03 pm »
Scott, what's wrong with super expensive remotes?  Some of us have to eat too..  :lol:  So much for small business day.

Scott F.

« Reply #9 on: 1 Dec 2013, 06:11 pm »
ooops  :oops: :lol: