Selah Audio Tanzanite (Sealed) Piano Gloss Black - SOLD

aboroth00

Up for sale is my pair of Selah Audio Tanzanites. They're great speakers but in my room and setup, I think I'm moving to a different pair of speakers (maybe I just want something new...) so these are up for sale. The finish is piano black gloss which is the premium finish which knocks the retail up to 3k. I am the second owner and the first owner tried to touch up some white spots with a sharpie unfortunately. However, these defects are not even noticeable because the finish is so dark black and you would have to look at it at an angle to identify the imperfection. I don't notice them whatsoever looking at them or walking past or what have you. Grilles are included as well.

That being said, these are spectacular speakers, and one of the best ribbons I have ever heard. The speaker uses a Foundtek Ribbon, Morel dome midrange, and Seas Excel 7" woofer. The kit alone costs 1175 through Rick at Selah not including the cabinet. To improve on this speaker, you would have to look at Salk's or Selah's Tempesta which go for 3k+. Rick is pretty conservative with his sensitivity ratings as they play louder than my Revel's which measure slightly higher sensitivity (85db). Not sure you could get better sounding/looking speakers at this price. Pictures coming this weekend.

http://www.selahaudio.com/id53.html

SOLD

« Last Edit: 31 Dec 2013, 10:54 pm by aboroth00 »

aboroth00

Re: Selah Audio Tanzanite (Sealed) Piano Gloss Black - 950$
« Reply #1 on: 19 Nov 2013, 08:47 pm »
I forgot to mention that the speakers come with the deluxe crossover from rick.

harley52

« Reply #2 on: 21 Nov 2013, 09:06 pm »
Did the xover  upgrade change the frequency response in the 2k-5khz area?

Thanks

aboroth00

« Reply #3 on: 22 Nov 2013, 03:20 am »
Did the xover  upgrade change the frequency response in the 2k-5khz area?

Thanks

I'm not sure what the answer is to your question is.  You'll have to ask Rick about that.  I know Rick offers upgraded crossovers to at least most if not all of his speakers.  Can't imagine he would intentionally change the FR in the midrange.  As far as I know, the caps, resistors and what not have been upgraded to premium parts.  Sorry if this doesn't adequately answer your question.

aboroth00

« Reply #4 on: 4 Dec 2013, 05:57 am »
Willing to throw in a pair of quality 24" speaker stands, 6 post wood at asking price for a local buyer. 

aboroth00

Bump for price drop!

aboroth00

No interest in these fantastic speakers? I understand there isn't too much out there on the brand or on these speakers but I thought its parts would do the talking by itself. The speakers with the standard veneers retailed for ~2.9k with the gloss black veneer being special costs even more! I compared these speakers head to head with the big boys, Dynaudio Contour, Aerial 5B, Revel M22, and the Selah doesn't give up anything to these speakers. Those speakers couldn't replace this bad boy. Rich detailed highs, deep taut bass, warmish midrange. You get new ribbon performance along with some of the best drivers out there. They disappear in your room and throw pin point imaging. You just need to set them up right, have the room and they'll sing, guaranteed. The crossovers had been upgraded with better caps and resistors by Selah so you won't have to go back in to do anything. Selah used point to point instead of a PCB in the crossover. They sure hit way above their price and have the parts to prove it. I highly doubt you'll find anything better or looks better at this price point. Everything from fit, finish, to parts, and drivers scream quality.

maxboy00

No interest in these fantastic speakers? I understand there isn't too much out there on the brand or on these speakers but I thought its parts would do the talking by itself. The speakers with the standard veneers retailed for ~2.9k with the gloss black veneer being special costs even more! I compared these speakers head to head with the big boys, Dynaudio Contour, Aerial 5B, Revel M22, and the Selah doesn't give up anything to these speakers. Those speakers couldn't replace this bad boy. Rich detailed highs, deep taut bass, warmish midrange. You get new ribbon performance along with some of the best drivers out there. They disappear in your room and throw pin point imaging. You just need to set them up right, have the room and they'll sing, guaranteed. The crossovers had been upgraded with better caps and resistors by Selah so you won't have to go back in to do anything. Selah used point to point instead of a PCB in the crossover. They sure hit way above their price and have the parts to prove it. I highly doubt you'll find anything better or looks better at this price point. Everything from fit, finish, to parts, and drivers scream quality.

I couldn't agree more with your observations on Rick's speaker designs, I own two pair of his speakers and couldn't be happier. Rick's speakers are well though out,  designed and sound fantastic. Whoever grabs these speakers from you will not be disappointed. Good luck with your sale!