Just got back from LV. Talk about bass!!!

charmerci

Just got back from LV. Talk about bass!!!
« on: 16 Nov 2013, 02:17 am »
I just came back from Las Vegas on a short vacation and visited my brother.

Between 5 and 11 weeknights (don't know about weekends) the Mirage hotel "volcano" erupts on the hour. It's probably about 40 feet high - didn't see how wide - but it's big. There's a lake in front of it up to the Strip.

When it erupts, it goes boom and rumbles deep and you hear it!  :o  It's deep, clear and solid. I can't even begin imagine the wattage, number and size of the amps and subwoofers needed (is there such a thing as a sub-subwoofer????) to move that kind of air and to feel it over such a large, open-air area.

I highly recommend that you experience it and then weep because you could never get anything like that in your system!

RDavidson

Re: Just got back from LV. Talk about bass!!!
« Reply #1 on: 16 Nov 2013, 02:28 am »
Actually........you probably almost could. If you had a pretty big sub and put it and yourself in a small closet, closed the door, then blasted some bass tones. Then you might experience something similar. :lol:

But yeah, the volcano at the Mirage is pretty cool. It'd be interesting to see the drivers and amps. :thumb:

srb

Re: Just got back from LV. Talk about bass!!!
« Reply #2 on: 16 Nov 2013, 04:18 am »
25 Meyer Sound MILO line arrays (self powered 3935W each) in stacks of two, three and four on top of 700-HP subwoofers (self powered 2250W) with UPQ-1Ps (self-powered 1275W) as side fills.

The Mirage Volcano Electrifies the Senses with Blasting Power from Meyer Sound

Steve